[ 02 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝚂𝙲𝙷𝙾𝙾𝙻 𝙾𝙵 𝙼𝙰𝙶𝙸𝙲

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

As the months passed, she and her mother practiced music everyday, August sitting on the familiar padded-bench with her fingers hitting the keys of the grand piano. The paintings in the room sat with prideful smiles. The flowers seemingly blooming with glee at the sound of music, sunshine poured into the grand room, bringing warmth and a form of happiness though being forced into the music. 

August was excited for the two hours to be over, then she'd be allowed to pack all of her things for Hogwarts. Where she leaves tomorrow. Nicholas had left weeks ago, wishing his sister a good luck before leaving.

In her spare time, she spent her time reading her books for her classes. Her mother never really spoke about her time of Hogwarts, her father passed away four years ago due to an illness and Nicholas... well he only spoke of Slytherin for his time at the school.

She knew how to do Potions pretty well, but she didn't exactly get excited by that subject like the two specific others. Defense Against The Dark Arts and Care Of Mythical Creatures.

It was common for the pure-blooded families to have knack for Defense Against The Dark Arts, but what August, as well as everybody that knew her, was that she was gifted for that one thing. 

"You're dismissed. Pack your things, come down for supper." Pomona said sternly stepping away from the piano. "Following supper, you will wash up. Tomorrow, I will do your hair before we go to King's Cross Station."

"Yes, Mother." August said looking up at the woman.

"When we arrive to King's Cross, you will answer to no one. Except pure-bloods. Do you understand me?" She said to the girl with a slight glare in her eyes as she put the last pin in her daughters hair.

"Yes, Mother. No half-bloods or mud-bloods." August said spitting out the words, trying her best to lace the words with hate and disgust. She never hated the people, including half-breeds as well... but due to being a pure-blood as well as a Gaunt, she'd been forced into an environment she didn't want to be in. 

"I feel sorry for your uncle. His mother, Merope. How stupid of her, marrying a mud-blood." Her mother said bitterly picking up her hair materials. "Do you have any idea where that led her?"

"Disowned?" August asked quietly whilst looking into the mirror. Fixing up the wrinkles in her dress.

"Blasted straight off the tapestry." Pomona said with a disappointed look. "Now, hurry. There's ten minutes before we leave. Demetri!" The woman screamed down the house, but the snap forced her to stop her screaming, "Take August's stuff to the front door. Now!"

"Yes, mistress!" The elf screeched. Rushing in and taking the trunk from the girl before apparating elsewhere. 

"Well, we don't have long before the train. Hurry up." Her mother said to her quickly before stepping out of the room. August quickly slipped her wand into the bag in her hands, running around her room in the flats trying to find any things she needed. 

But taking a deep breath and standing at the door, she closed the door before walking throughout the house. Kindly, saying goodbyes to her ancestors on the walls. 

"Ah." Her mother said pleased as how her daughter was presenting herself, "Present yourself well when we arrive to King's Cross. The legacy of the Gaunt house is depending on us. You." Her mother said to her with a look before they both stepped out of the room. "Remember what I told you. No conversing with half-bloods and mud-bloods. Stand straight, hands nicely folded, not too stiff, and don't look so smug. Be presentable."