[ 08 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓ 

𝚁𝚄𝙽𝙰𝚆𝙰𝚈 𝙶𝙰𝚄𝙽𝚃

 ┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Waking up with a headache, she was quick to get ready for the day. Knowing she had detention however, she asked Lily for some pants which she gave to her happily and August managed to ask Marlene for one of her shirts. 

Comfortably, August made her way to the Great Hall for breakfast. Peace and hunger hitting her as she made her way to the Gryffindor's table. "Hi, August!" Amos said happily from the opposite side of the table.

"Hi, Amos." She said smiling at him as she poured her some apple juice, "Didn't expect you to be up so early."

"As well as you." He said with a laugh but she smiled up at him, noticing the crinkles near his eyes.

"Detention with Minnie tends to change your plans of a day." She said with a grin.

"Really? What did you do?"

"Got caught sneaking out of the kitchens. But at least I offered her a cookie!" August said with a playful laugh before drinking some of her drink.

"Come on, Amos!" A girl said giggling to him, he sheepishly smiled with a soft blush on his cheeks before wishing August a good day and running off to his friend group.

August smiled to her self before eating some toast and placing a sausage on her plate. The weekends were known to have the best breakfast, instead of having cereals on eggs throughput the week with toast. Saturdays would have all sorts, eggs, sausages, bacons, fruits, everything!

August cut her sausages like she did everyday and ate her food like a lady. But the many footsteps made her attention turn. She lent back a little, eyed the doors where she saw three boys chasing after one. James Potter.

August rolled her eyes before proceeding in enjoying her breakfast. A cough heard from behind her but she simply ignored it. "August."

"Excuse me, can you hear something?" She asked a group of seventh years with sarcasm. They were quick to smirk before shaking their head. "Hmm, how odd." She said with a smirk before shrugging and eating her breakfast like she did momentarily.

James sat down beside her, trying to get her attention. Her lady-like eating however made him look at her confused, "Why are you eating so formally?" He asked. But she looked around once again and smiled when she saw Peter, Remus and Sirius.

"Boys!" She said grinning, "How do I owe you three this lovely visit?"

"August. Look at James, will you?" Remus said pointing his hand at the boy next to her.

"I'm sorry, Remmy, but I don't know who James is." She said before shoving her food away and getting her coat, for once not her many cloaks, but a brown coat. And putting the small bag over her shoulders, she stood tall. "But if you all excuse me, I have a detention to attend to."

"You! In detention!?" Sirius said with a smirk but a laugh escaping his lips.

"Yes, sometimes when you dread a teacher's presence most, they like to appear. Love having an Animagus for a teacher." She said before smiling at the boys, "Have a good day."

The two sheepishly stood down the corridor waiting for August to exit. But exiting the Transfiguration class room with nine hours till curfew, August grinned to herself before holding onto the straps of her bag and walking down the hallways.

The boys smirked and nodded at one another before following after the girl. She was quick to disappear into the many empty classrooms, the boys expecting her to be in the broom cupboard. But seeing Sirius exit sheepishly, as Remus and James stood at the door with smirks, they quickly frowned before walking towards the other broom cupboard and opening the door to see Peter preparing to exit.

The four were quick to question one another and August took this opportunity. She quietly walked out of the room, smirking when her eyes laid on the boys before turning around and quietly jogging away.

Stepping down the staircase that was just around the corner before going into the corridor with paintings, "Ah, I expect to hear more music." A painting said to the girl who smiled up at him with a nod following. The painting opened and she looked around her before climbing through and exiting two hallways away from the room.

"She was just here!" James said walking away with the boys.

"Yeah, she just disappeared." Remus added whilst walking around the corner.

"Disappeared into thin air!" James said to the group whilst throwing his hands up in disbelief.

"Well, August is a Gaunt. She would most likely know of things other people don't. And look! She's bloody amazing at DADA and Mythical Creatures! There's so much we don't know about her!" Sirius said proving a point to the boys.

"You're right. Let's make it our top priority." James said pausing to look at the boys, "We find out more about August."

"Project?"

"Gaunt- no, too obvious." Sirius tried replying to Remus.

"Season?" Peter squeaked. "Her name's August, makes sense. And it could mean anyone!"

"Project SEASON." The three boys said smirking and nodding.

August sat down behind the piano, pulling out books of music and even some Muggles albums. She planned in asking Lily in getting a Muggle Vinyl player, but after asking a first year muggle to write down words to many of the ABBA playlist, she asked a seventh year Muggle to get her the notes to the songs.

So August sat before the piano, her fingers brushing the keys before stopping and restarting. Her lips sealed as she hummed the words she knew to the song, her mind quick to remember the words and let the excitement begin to get to her.

She sat there for the rest of the day, not knowing that the four boys were coming up with a plan to get to her.