[ 51 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙻𝙾𝚁𝙳'𝚂 𝙶𝙰𝙼𝙱𝙻𝙴

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

August awoke due to her screams and a sharp, burning sensation all over her body. It was like over a thousand knives were digging into her skin, penetrating the mind and her skin. It wrecked every single bone and cell, every hair that she had stood up. Her eyes almost ready to jump from their sockets as she screamed.

But however, as Minerva McGonagall and Albus Dumbledore looked over to her concerned, her screams silenced and she stared up at the roof with a blank expression as her chest heaved up and down quickly. Almost like she ran a marathon across all of England. "Miss Gaunt?"

"He's there." She whispered to the professor's who were by her side, "He's in my head."

Minerva was startled at her whispers looked up at Albus, she almost thought she heard wrong, but the look Dumbledore said that she was hearing right. "He's getting stronger." August muttered as she slowly blinked as she remembered the snake like figure of the man she's meant to call her uncle. "Too strong, perhaps."

"Breathe, August." Albus said as he met her eyes. Her eyes that were once so warm were cold and a void of emotion. Nothing were inside them. "You're not like them."

"That's what he said." She whispered as she shifted her eye sight from the man back to the roof. "He told me I have potential, that I can do better... that I am better. That I'm not like everyone around me, not pathetic and useless... but gifted."

The two professor's stayed silent as they listened to the girl who was in fear as she stared at the tall roof. "We talked about everything the moment I dropped. I don't know if it were to be just a trick or there's a catch. But it's like he wanted me to know some key things... He's recruiting heavily, the weather is all because of him and his growing army..."

The professor's glanced at one another rather nervously, however they managed to hide it perfectly, "Did he say what his plans are?"

"To burn down all empires for power."

"What will we do, Albus?" Minerva asked as he leant over the pensieve staring into it's glowing water. "We can't let her go through this pain all the time. It's going to tear her apart."

"I believe Miss Gaunt's suggestion from last month shall be put forth." He said glancing between her and the pensieve. The suggestion did stand out brightly, and was a good suggestion coming from a student. He knew, with these events on these days, the students would need them now or another time.

"But Albus, we need the Ministry's confirmation." She said looking at the man surprised.

"I have a feeling Bagnold won't accept these suggestions any time soon." He said before looking up at meeting her eyes, "The students shall be taught extra potions, transfiguration, charms and defense against the dark arts every two weeks on a Friday- excluding the nights before a Quidditch Game, of course. Fourth years and up will learn Occlumency every second Wednesday, as soon as possible." He said quickly before looking at the Phoenix that was aging quickly, "I'd like to announce this tomorrow at Dinner."

August returned to the common room that night without any expectations of sleeping that night. Madam Pomfrey and Professor Slughorn gave her some Sleeping Draught to help her and rid of her night terrors or visions, but she knew she couldn't even blink with the idea of the fact that her uncle may still be strong enough to appear in her slumber even with the potion.