[ 86 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝙰𝙲𝙴 𝙾𝙵 𝙷𝙴𝙰𝚁𝚃𝚂

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"Well, of course, it was uncertain..." August's words paused as she watched a very hasty teacher enter the potions classroom interrupting the teachers class. She watched Minerva McGonagall intensely, noticing the slight stumble in her words and desperate fixation to the teacher. 

"Alright, Augs?" 

"Ah, yeah." She said before turning back to Sirius. The boy continuing her conversation whilst August was paying more attention to the professors. Minerva had told her that with Lord Voldemorts power and army becoming stronger, the order could be potentially having the first meeting with the girl attending. 

Augusts eyes kept darting between the two speaking every few seconds. She knew this was for her, she slowly started to pack her things as she kept listening to Sirius talk about the previous and final quidditch game for the year. "Sirius- I get that-"

"Miss Gaunt?" Professor Slughorn said quickly as he and Minerva stared at the pair, "You're dismissed."

"Come with me, Miss Gaunt." Professor McGonagall said to her before stepping out of the room, Professor Slughorn following whilst she packed her things. 

"What's going on, Augs?" He asked her confused, "The minute Minnie walks in you're practically hanging off your chair." His voice tried to do a slight chuckle, but August only heard how nervous and shaky his voice was. She took a deep breath before swinging her bag over her shoulder, and smiling faintly.

"I never understand you sometimes, Sirius." She said deeply before straightening her back, "I'll explain when we're older." She said before planting a kiss on his cheek and walking out of the room to meet the two teachers talking in whispers. "I'm ready." 

"Thank you, Professor Slughorn." Both Minerva and August said in sync before making a very hasted joruney through the castle. 

"Professor?" August asked as they climbed up several flights of stairs, "This is it, isn't it?"

"I believe so, August. Not only will you be proving to all of us how much you've learnt, but what kind of asset you will be to the Order." She said before turning. "We'll be in the Headmaster's office and travelling from there." 

"Floo network?" 

"Yes." The pair entered the Headmaster's office with ease. August noticing how few more artifacts were now placed in the room since her last entery 

"Headmaster."

"Miss Gaunt." He responded before walking forward, "There'll be several familiar faces you'll recognise at these meetings now, August. There'll also be several more meetings following this one. Ones which you will attend, ones you will not. Over the school break, there could come a time where you may have to participate in a mission. Nonetheless, enter in, the only location is the location we need." 

The green flames that were swallowing the girl up disappeared. She stood alone in a long empty corridor. White marble tiles covering the entire fall of the corridor, largely carved marble pillars stood reaching from the floors to the marble roof. August took few steps before stopping as she met with a marble statue.