[ 03 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝙸𝙽𝚂𝚃𝚁𝚄𝙼𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙰𝙻

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

As the days grew by, August found herself more so alone. The four boys became close and pranked everybody. Alice, Lily and Marlene, August's dorm mates, still spent time with the girl. Always invited her to join in with them when they had plans, August did go along some days, others she wouldn't.

Today, was one of those days. 

Exactly one week since her mother sent the first letter. Her daughter was quick to send a letter saying which house she was sorted in to.

Pomona now being home alone, went into a rampage. She went into almost every spare room, except for the ones her husband liked. And destroyed everything. Smashing every single vase, glass, cutting up paintings, throwing everything at walls. The rooms were a horrid sight to the eye.

The three house elves, Demetri, Pluto and Neptune, spent their entire day cleaning the rooms. Pluto, the youngest of them all, almost thought that he was going to die. Demetri was the eldest that spent the longest time with the family, so naturally, he was the most trusted.

But no matter what, they still favored the Gaunt family. 

It took about a week for the woman to write back to her daughter, poorly written though. It was as simple as,
"Very well. I expect to see you back for Christmas. 
Sincerely,
Pomona Gaunt
"

August was quick to be high in her classes, except for Herbology. An extremely boring class for the girl. But she still tried her best to enjoy it.

Being highest in Defense Against The Dark Arts and Charms was doing her well though. It was surprising for the girl when she saw how good Lily Evans was at the subjects, especially for a muggle.

August hummed a soft tune, the sound never leaving her lips except for the hums of it sealed behind them. Her small, yet long fingers brushed against the very walls of the castle. Her eyes roaming from the wall to the high ceiling. Cobwebs decorating it. 

The lit candles and raised fire totems along side the hallways with the windows fill of rays of sunshine shinning through the colored panes brought in enough light for the girl to pick up the bugs as well as spider sitting in the cobwebs. A small grin playing at her lips before she proceeded her path. 

A sharp turn, where stairs followed. She was quick to attach her hand to the banister of the stairs, climbing higher and higher in the castle. Oblivious to where she was going. She slowly glanced back, seeing no one behind her and an empty stair case. A shrug took over her shoulders and she found her grin widening as she began almost running up the stairwell.

It had been a while since she last saw a student, but that didn't seem to faze the girl, she just assumed it was at least lunch time now. That just made her smile even more and kept walking forwards, but her excitement was getting higher and higher. Her footsteps turned into sprinting. 

She made another sharp turn to see nobody in sight. "Hello!" She yelled down the hall. Her voice echoing as no voice replied back. She immediately grinned even more, her feet taking her down the hall in a quick pace. Her black flats slapping against the surface.

The white velvet cloak and pure white knee-high dress followed as her blonde hair quickly hopped from one shoulder to the other as she ran. It was often you saw the girl in expensive dresses, never in pants. 

Her mother was a lady. She was going to have to become a lady. What's a way to make the woman's job easier than by having her daughter in dresses for most of her life?

August stopped immediately as she stood at the end of the hall. Admiring the large stain glass window. The painting of a winged girl stood in what August thought to be, petals. The pink colours creating a dress, her brown hair seeming bright as the hair shone through. 

The girls eyes fluttered close before looking towards one of the rooms. "Do I have to go in there?" She whispered. 

The girl almost grinned but instead nodded repeatedly and quickly. Without hesitation, August smiled and walked into the room. A smile on her lips as she nodded at the girl and walked towards it.

Her eyes staring at the dark door. Her fingers pushed against it and opened it to reveal a room covered in dust. Her hand absent-mindedly reached in her small pocket within her coat to get her wand, "Tergeo."

Dust immediately lifted and flew out the window. She was in shock to see a set of musical instruments. A Violin, Cello, Grand Piano, a Trumpet and a Acoustic Guitar sat in front of a cupboard. Avoiding the light.

Immediately August walked over towards the instruments immediately. Her hands brushing against the strings of the instruments with gentle care and admiration, before she sat down and opened the lid of the Grand Instrument. 

Her fingers softly brushed a key to hear the noise, a smile coming on to her lips once again. She softly closed the lid before walking into the open room. Staring in awe and confusion before she noticed the curtain.

Her head tilted slightly but as she walked forwards, she was snapped from her trance. Professor McGonagall entered the room, "I-ugh... Professor."

"Follow me, Miss Gaunt."