[ 83 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝙼𝙸𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙾𝙽 𝙸𝙽 𝚃𝙷𝙴
𝙼𝙾𝙾𝙽𝙻𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

After hearing each of her friends peaceful snores, August climbed out of her bed and dragged her clothes with her to the bathroom to change. She thought to keep it simple and warm, baggy jeans wrapping around her legs, with the only shirt she could find, one of Marlene's beige colored tee's with the cover album of Toto on the front, she knew deep down it would not keep her warm, but Alice and Lily had done the dorms washing that day, so it would have to suffice. 

Slipping into the old converse that Lily claimed she never wore or wouldn't wear again, her hair going into a bun, August looked like an entirely new person. She never imagined she'd be wearing this much muggle-like clothes ten years ago, but there she was. Glancing at the clock that rested on Alice's night-stand, she took her cue. 

She silently waited for the group of four in the common room, they were meant to meet at quarter past one, and there she was sitting in the common room ten minutes after their said time. As she was about to start moving around the common room, the group of four approached quietly with smug faces. "Took you long enough." 

"Sorry about that." James said sheepishly, "Tried getting some sleep in while we could." 

"Are you going to be warm, Augs?" Sirius said to the girl noticing her outfit choice. Each of the marauders were wrapped in a hoodie or sweater, with a shirt underneath, jeans of different shades of blue and black, with their normal shoes.

"I should be okay."

"Nope. I'll go get a jumper for you." He ran back up the stairs, trying his best to be quiet. He rummaged through his draws, trying to find a clean sweater or jumper that he thought she'd look great in. Meanwhile, the remaining four in the common room stood patiently and awkwardly whilst waiting for the boy.

"Which route are we taking?" August asked Remus as he held the map. 

"One-Eyed Witch." He said to her with a yawn following, "Quickest tunnel to Hogsmeade, might not be the safest, but we can manage it." The sound of footsteps with a rush in them, allowed the group to know it was go-time.

Sirius jumped from the stairs of the boys dormitory with a light thud, handing her his sweater with a smile. "It's clean, don't worry."

"Thanks, Siri." She pulled the red sweater on. It had reached mid thigh, and was keeping her incredibly warm. "Let's go."

Zonko's was only lit by the streetlight's outside and the dim lights that always remained on in the stores of Hogsmeade. The Marauders all knew too well that if they were to use a different source of light, that their missions would be doomed, and most likely would face years of detentions, so they memorized the stores from every Hogsmeade they had over the years. 

"Just take enough, not be too obvious." 

"Did you seriously bring a normal bag?" August said to the group in disbelief. "Here, simple tote bag, charmed." She could shove a giant's shoe in there and there'd be enough room for more.