[ 61 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝙷𝚄𝙼𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙳𝙴𝙰𝚃𝙷 𝙱𝙴𝙳

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

SUGGESTED SONG: If I Die Young, Michael Henry and Justin Robert

August sat outside of the hospital room with her head in her hands. For the past two days that she sat there in St. Mungo's her mother begged her only daughter to step into the room where her brothers dying body rested.

It was all the same thing.

Nicholas Gaunt had received the Muggle Illness called Cancer, no Muggle had a cure for the illness and neither did Witches and Wizards.

She sat there with her eyes closed as she remembered how familiar it all seemed, even if it was only seven years ago now, she remembered the day the most. She was only eight-nine, she remembered it clearly.

She sat beside her father's bed watching as he took each breath slowly and painfully, he was begging her in the softest way possible to stay strong and not let her guard down. Then asked her to sing a song.

He died whilst she sang, Nicholas was the one to run in and grab her, help her- Mend her. Who would Mend her next?

"August, I know that this is very tough for you-"

"Do shut up, Mother." August snapped looking up at the aging woman. "I am tired of you trying to act like my goddamn mother. Now if you shut up and leave me be, I will see my goddamn brother before he dies. Just like you begged me to."

August shrugged the womans hand from her shoulder and stared at the door knob before taking a sharp breath. Turning the knob and entering the room, she could hear the few beeps of the machines before seeing her brother who looked so like her father did all those years ago.

Her breath hitched as she saw him turn to her and give her a weak smile, "I was wondering when you'd come in." He said trying to sit up slightly, wincing everytime however. August avoided his eyes as she closed the door behind her before walking towards the bed very slowly. "August, look at me."

She gave a faint shake of her head and the boy sighed before forcing her head up, he saw the tears welling in her eyes and gave her a faint smile. They both knew this would be the last time they'd talk to one another. 

This moment was the last one for the Gaunt siblings.

"It'll be okay." He whispered softly, "Everything will be okay."

She shook her head silently, trying her best to force the tears to not fall. "No, it won't." She said in a whisper, so quiet he nearly missed it. "Nothing will be okay- Nothing has been okay since Poppa died."

"I know. I know." He whispered and let his hand drop gently to his side as he watched her silently cry. "Have a seat, sis." Slowly, she let her self sit in the much more comfortable arm chair but didn't look at his eyes at all. "I'm happy that I can go now."

"I'll be able to see Kendra in Heaven. We could get married up there." He said softly with a small smile, "I'll see my wife."

"How long have you had this for?" She asked him finally looking up. "How long, Nick?"

He looked guilty at her before looking up at the ceiling, "Three months. I didn't want you to come home from Hogwar-"

"Well, I am glad you didn't make me." She said bitterly to him, a slight frown in her lips, "I donnot need to see those bloody monsters there. At the house."