[ 42 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝙻𝙴𝙵𝚃 𝙸𝙽 𝙳𝚄𝚂𝚃

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Sunday came around smoothly and quickly. August spent the last of her week talking to Regulus, Peter and the girls mostly, seemed as if Remus had his nose deep in a book or was never to be found. Even with the map on her side to help. Sirius always seemed to run off just to avoid a conversation, says he's got pranks to attend to, but even she knew... that wasn't true. James, well he was spending the last of his week trying to win Lily's heart or at Quidditch training...

So she spent quite a bit of time alone, on Saturday however, she manage to catch each of them and sit down with them. "I need you all to hold out your index finger."

"What?" The four said in usion.

"Just do it, alright?" She said quickly. Each boy cautiously held out their index, waiting for whatever to happen. "Alright, take a deep breath, James." August muttered, hearing him inhale then exhale, she quickly pricked his finger with a needle and gently brushed the blood into a vial.

"What was that for?" He said quickly before letting his finger meet his lips. 

"It's the last step in my creation."

Each boy entered the room with a certain emotion written across their faces, as if they said something that wasn't for August to hear. It was the type of feeling that made August feel somewhat insecure. "Good morning, August." Said trying his best to sound cheery.

"Morning, Pete." She said softly, Remus and James noticing how she sounded like she was keeping to herself. "Good sleep."

"Didn't get much if I must admit." He muttered rubbing his eye. 

"Well, you's don't have much to do." August muttered, "Just need some shelves and perhaps a few more hanging plants... and yes, that's all. Remus, could you dust out the chandelier?" 

He gave her a grin but stayed silent, each boy spread off to do their own things, August watched confused as they stayed silent before clicking her fingers and letting soft music flow through. Grabbing the parchment and placing it on the lid of the piano, she took a deep breath.

"Legit Sanguis." She whispered before allowing James' blood to drop into the parchment, repeating it when she dropped Sirius' blood, then Remus, then Peter. The red flowed into the lines of the castles walls before having the castle faintly glow, catching the attention each of the boys attention before fading slightly.

"What was that?"

"Mischief managed." She whispered before spinning around and holding her hand up.

"A piece of paper? Don't lie, Gaunt."

"Don't talk to me like that, Potter." She said through her teeth, the boy rolling his eyes before silencing himself, "And it's true. This paper is the reason you're here."

"Then where is the map?" Remus questioned noticing how their was no ink on the parchment. August sat down and placed the map in front of her, the boys followed and formed a circle around it. Peter to her left, Sirius to her right, and James and Remus in front. 

"That's an excellent question, Remmy." August said softly before taking a deep breath. "I've forged a spell that can only open when said the correct words, those who open it with Revealio will find an insult appear on the paper. And Slytherins will have the same problem, unless..."