[ 22 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓ 

𝚁𝙴𝚂𝚃 𝚆𝙴𝙻𝙻 𝙳𝙴𝚂𝙴𝚁𝚅𝙴𝙳

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

The four boys were in and out of sleep all night, August receiving not a single blink of sleep. But then again, she thought she deserved it. Sitting beside Remus, who was laying in pain, groaning a little, she kept whispering to him about needing to eat.

The boy groaned a few times and tried, but August was quick to take the opportunity and shove the small spoon with pumpkin soup into his mouth. His face quick to squinch together as he tried to gulp it down. 

As he gulped it down, August nervously shifted back a little. The boys were vomiting all night, and the last thing August needed and wanted, was vomit all over her. But the boy gave her a lopsided smile which she nervously returned, but he gently took the bowl of soup and pointed towards Peter. 

The small kept rolling around in his bed, kicking then tugging on the blankets. August gave a pitied smile at the boy before standing up, Remus putting a few mouthfuls in his mouth before sleeping. 

"Pete." August whispered before pulling only the sheet over him. The boy groaned a little before meeting August's eye. "Hey, you hungry?"

The boy nodded a little before trying to sit up. August  helped him sit up, tucking the pillows and puffing them a bit more. The boy felt himself sitting up straight, the small bit of light falling onto his face. "It's pumpkin soup." She said softly grabbing the charmed bowl.

"It might be hot." She said with a chuckle as Peter brushed the hair from his face. The boy slowly tucked the spoon and bowl from her hands and ate the food, a moan escaping his lips as he ate it. August smiled at him softly, "I made it, so I hope it's good."

"It is, believe me."

Lily was shocked to see August asleep in the common room. Usually she'd be in bed, but this morning was definitely a sight to see. 

August was curled up in a ball, with Aspen on her belly and Pascal tucked in beside Aspen. All three asleep, and soft snores escaping her lips. Lily smiled to herself when she realized she was no longer alone.

"She was up all night." Lily glanced to her side, to see Remus, Peter, James and Sirius. All smiling softly at the girl. "We got sick and she stayed with us the entire night."

"She was?" Lily said with a brow raised.

"Yup!" James said softly. "Made us pumpkin soup even." He said smiling at Lily.

Lily smiled to herself before starting to make her way to her dorm, "Let her sleep, then."

"Oh we will." Sirius said quickly, "She's bloody pushy and terrifying. Manipulative as well!"

"Terrifying, but sweet." Peter said with a smile. 

"She'll go far for those who deserve it." Remus said with a smile before smiling at Lily.

"You sure are lucky, my Lily-flower." James said with a smile, Lily just rolled her eyes before turning around.

"You heard her boys. Let's leave her to sleep. She deserves a good rest." Remus said to his best mates.

"Should we go and do our job?"

Sirius waved his wand three times towards the instruments and they played. Each of the boys, slipped a pair of gloves on, before getting a hammer and smashing at the ground of room three two seven b.

The boys were hitting the surface, before replacing it when James noticed the purple dust. "Hey, Moony?"

"What is it now, Prongs?"

"Is this stuff here Amethyst salt?" James said brushing the powder slightly. All three boys froze in there spot, what on earth would August be doing using Amethyst salt?

Remus stood up and leant forward to the ground, "Blimey-"

"Well, is it?" Sirius said quickly. "Because if it is, where on earth did she get it? No one in the castle has any." 

"Well, August does." Remus said looking at the boys. "And she's been using it." 

"Amethyst salt is extremely rare, ain't it? And the teachers say it we shouldn't use it..." Peter said to the boys.

"Amethyst salt is safer for performing ancient spells... tends to make them easier to perform as well." Sirius said explaining to the boy. "So she's performing ancient magic."

"Well, we won't dive into it. She might not even want us to know about this." Remus said pointing his finger at each of them. "She'll tell us."

"We don't even know her." Peter said, each of them fell into a deep silence. 

"Well, what we do know is that she isn't like her family." Sirius said defending the girl before throwing a plank of wood to the side. "Nothing, like them to be exact."