[ 32 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝙱𝙰𝙽𝙸𝚂𝙷𝙼𝙴𝙽𝚃

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Entering the ballroom to see the families still at conflict, August looked above her and saw Sirius looking down next to her, also in embarrassment. Stepping towards the rail, the two placed their hands on the rail. 

While Sirius' knuckles were his usual skin tone, August's went a deathly white. Her grip tightening, but when she heard the words being shared between the two families who were fighting against the Pucey's. 

As she heard bitter words from the family she was meant to be forced to married from, August couldn't help but hear her own bones snap in anger. 

A loud cought heard from the families and the three families immediately looked up. The Gaunt's (and Kendra), the reasonably large Pucey family and the two Black adults snapped their heads up. Surprised to see the girl death staring the three families down. "Get out." 

The Pucey family shrunk under the girls cold eyes, but glared at the Black's and Gaunt's before walking towards the fireplaces in the ballroom. But took one glance at the girl stepping down the stair well, "The arrangement is cancelled." She growled. 

Her mother looked at her bewildered before hearing Mrs. Pucey mutter an insult under her breath, the woman sent a curse and August felt her chest begin to grow tight in anger. "And don't ever... step back onto this property."

The family stared up in fear before quickly going into the fireplaces and disappearing within the green flame. "Do you all have any idea what this means for our families?" August said to the two families, voice growling as she approached, "The entire sacred 29 attended this ball tonight. And this catastrophe, could've been sorted in a much more positive way."

"August, don't talk like that..." Nicholas said stepping forward, "This could've been avoi-"

"Yes. This could've been avoided, but frankly, and unfortunately, it wasn't. Did it occur to any of you, that there were children here tonight?" She watched as both parents didn't take their eye-sight away from the girl, seemingly putting their cold, stoic emotions back on display. "Half the ministry?"

She watched as Nicholas and Kendra went into a slight panic that only August could see by looking into the dark brown and blue eyes of the couple. "Yes, the minister himself was here tonight. I hope both of our families have a good and believable reason for this conflict." 

She said to the two before looking at Sirius, "Our elves have prepared a small meal if you are willing to stay for dinner." She said to the boy before looking up at Orion and Walburga. 

"Sirius!" The woman barked to her son, "Where is your brother?"

"I'm sure he isn't far, Mrs. Black." August said before climbing up the stairs. She knew that the younger black, couldn't of had gone far, he most likely just needed to get away to be safe from any traumas. As August stepped around the corner of the door, she saw the nervous boy with tousled hair. "Are you alright, Regulus?"

"Just startled."

August glanced at the door before looking at the boy in the eye, "Would you like a hot chocolate?" 

The boy slowly smiled up at her and the two began to walk towards the kitchens, "Pluto, please make two hot chocolates with marshmallows." 

August pulled out a chair at the table and the two talked a small bit about Hogwarts, Quidditch and some of the teachers when the hot chocolate arrived. August could see how much Regulus' eyes twinkled at the sight of hot chocolate. "Pluto makes the best hot chocolate out of all of our elves."

The boy slowly smiled up at her, where she could see his eyes shimmering between the cup and his black tousled hair. "What's it like? Being the only child in the house?" 

"It's rather lonely." She said softly placing her cup on the table, "My brother and I were almost the best of friends. We also did something fun when he came back from Hogwarts... however, as I was sorted to Gryffindor and he were not. Our bond weakened... Is that similar to yours and Sirius'?"

"We were the Black's against the world... and he was sorted into Gryffindor, and I were not. Nothing has been the same between us." 

"You miss him?" August whispered and he slowly nodded, but they snapped their head towards the door to see the Black's and Gaunt's slowly approaching the table. "Demetri, please prepare the meals." 

The family's sat at the table in silence, Sirius and August occasionally sparing a few words, as well as August and Regulus. But it was in silence most of the time. But, as time went by, the Gaunt's were show their family friend's the door when Walburga offered them to come to their home next week. Which Pomona accepted.

"I'll see you then, I assume." August said to her friend, the boy smiling before hugging her softly. "Stay safe."

"You too, Augs."