[ 47 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝚂𝙸𝚁𝙸𝚄𝚂' 𝙵𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙶𝚂 𝙱𝙴𝙶𝙸𝙽𝚂

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

August went to dinner that night to feel her heart pull at a dreadful sight. Audra Matthews, a muggle, sixth year Hufflepuff was sitting right beside Sirius Orion Black. She would never be able to admit it, but it caused a funny feeling in her body.

 The boy smiled and waved at her, she gave him a faint reply before sitting by the girls. "When did that start?" August asked pointing towards Sirius and Audra without drawing attention.

"Oh, yeah, hi, Marlene! How are you? That's great!" Marlene said sarcastically replying to her friend before placing some carrots in her mouth, "Five minutes ago."

"So you're telling me she walked over and just sat on her lap?" August asked them as she started adding some of the meals onto her plate. 

"Well... He actually offered her to sit next to him." Lily said slowly. "Rather disgusting if you ask me. How can one not respect themselves enough? It mustn't be that easy to just walk over and sit down."

"I don't think it is." Alice said from beside August. "That takes time and clearly a lot of love for the other involved." 

"Oh, well, Black can do whatever he like." August said silencing the group. "What?"

"You say that like you don't care." Marlene said looking at the girl. Of course they'd begin to find it coincidental to find August reacting like this after the boy practically slept on her last night. Like when does Sirius Black ever sleep on a girl like that and not try and say something sexual?

"That's because I don't." August said before eating some of her mashed pumpkin. "Okay, what?"

"August, we think you might like him." Lily said slowly and cautiously just to earn a eye-roll from the girl.

"I most definitely don't." August said before pushing her food away, even if it were full. "Now, if you excuse me, I am going to clear my mind from those words." She said standing up and grabbing the small leather bag which held some muggle tales and her ballet costume.

"August didn't look too happy." Peter commented as he watched her walk out.

"Mate, why have you been so intrigued with her lately? You were doing this last year too." James said looking at the boy with a small smirk as he squinted his eyes.

"I don't know, she's just got all these secrets. None of us really know what else she does." Peter said looking at them, "And we've only gotten the map and a pen so far. She has to have more stuff hiding around, wouldn't she?"

"I'm sure she would." Remus commented as he read his book and ate a small mouthful every few minutes. "But we won't know that."

"Yet." Sirius said after he whispered something in Audra's ear that made the girl turn bright red. "We can figure it out."

"Whatever it is, we'll wait for her to start saying what it is." James said to the group.