[ 12 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓ 

𝚃𝙷𝙴𝙸𝚁 𝙵𝙰𝚅𝙾𝚄𝚁

 ┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

SUGGEST SONG: Demons By Imagine Dragons

August kept her scarf tight around her neck as she walked up the stairs of the Astronomy tower. Every student dreaded the fact that the class was at twelve am, but she enjoyed the new teacher unlike the previous teacher. Professor Sinistra was rather young unlike some of the other teachers August had, but that didn't seem to faze the girl.

August was humming the tune of the recently played songs from the instruments as she stepped up the stairs, oblivious as to what was waiting her. It was one of the best night August had seen yet however. The sky clear from clouds, no fog to blur her sight of planets and stars, although it was cold to a point where her nose and cheeks were tinted red, she was still excited for the class awaiting her.

She lightly pushed the door and was met with the stares of a small group of Ravenclaw boys and was surprisingly the only Gryffindor there yet so far. She greeted the professor before leaning towards one of the many telescopes. Her eyes quick to catch sight of Lyra, Cygnus, Corvus and more. 

Astronomy wasn't exactly her strongest subject, but the class was definitely exciting and always fun. Always finding it intriguing whenever they were hearing the names of the many stars and constellations.

If her mother or father had told more of astronomy to August, she definitely would've labelled the class as a favorite or a stronger subject. But unfortunately, her parents envied her to be more intrigued with the dark arts. Which she was. But being influenced into that makes people grow into something else. 

August may have a knack for the class and an upper-hand, but that doesn't necessarily mean it could be for good. The school knew people of bad who excelled in that class, and August feared that if she became better in that class, the teachers and students would begin to believe that as well.

Smiling at herself, August was slow to move away from the telescope but bought her quill and a parchment to her hand, she quickly drew more of the constellations she found that she didn't know the name of before walking towards the images on the wall. Images with all the names and designs of each of them on the wall.

She was smiling to herself as she read some of the names, oblivious to her humming that was earning attention of students. Grinning to herself, head bopping slightly, closing her book, she turned to see more Gryffindor's and Ravenclaw's had appeared. And she was oblivious to it all.

Her humming ceased immediately and she sheepishly shuffled through the crowd towards the back of the room before planting herself on the ground, waiting for the professor to begin the class. Placing her gloves in her bag, August found herself once again humming, but more quietly than before. 

Pulling the jacket tighter to her body, she closed her bag and leant against the wall, waiting patiently for the last few students to appear. Which so happened to be the infamous Hogwarts Golden Boys.

"What could we get you, Miss Gaunt?" An elf said to the girl happily as she entered. 

Students who were given Astronomy were allowed to be dismissed from first class to be allowed to sleep in a little. It bought happiness to everyone who had the class, but they were still tired none the less. 

However, August still got up at reasonably early time before showering whilst her classmates slept. And so she left to go to the kitchens for some breakfast. "Oh, don't worry, Tilly, I can make my breakfast."

"Tilly mustn't let Miss Gaunt make her breakfast!" The small elf squeaked causing the girl to somewhat shiver before bending down to the elf's height.

"Tilly, I am grateful for your offer. But I think you and the elf's deserve a break." She smiled. "And no, Tilly, you and your friends won't need to punish yourselves. You elves are so helpful and sweet! You shouldn't need to. Have a rest." She grinned before standing up and placing her coat on the chair in the room as well as her bag before making herself some breakfast.

August's day seemed uneventful since then, hearing about the pranks the golden boys had done however made her chuckle knowing she had part in their talent. DADA was last and she wasn't prouder since. The professor had asked August to create a strong spell on a book that would turn into a monster to anyone who tried to open it.

Of course, she made it so the four golden boys couldn't get into it and they seemed to have been squirming in their seat when they realized they weren't capable of opening it. The other students, Hufflepuff's and Gryffindor's, were giggling and looking at the four boys as they read the words.

August was eating her dinner when she felt the seats next to her become full and the two in front of her as well. "We need a favor." 

August couldn't help but let out a silent huff as she closed her book and swallowed the last of her mash potatoes before looking at the boys ahead of her. James and Peter sat next to one another whilst Remus and Sirius were next to her. Sirius rather close.

"And what is this favor?" She asked moving the book towards her left a little whilst staring James in the eye.

"Seeing as you're so great at Defense Against The Dark Arts and reasonably good at Charms, we want you to make a map." He said leaning forward and lacing his fingers together. August copying his actions.

"A map?"

"Yes." The four boys said in usion.

"We want it to show where everyone is." He replied to the girl.

"Of everyday." Peter added.

"Every minute." Remus followed.

"And every second!" Sirius said then joyfully. August glanced at the boys to see him grinning widely before she looked at James.

"And this map will be of?" 

"Hogwarts." The four boys said rather loudly causing attention from other students. More attention than they were already receiving. 

"And we thought because you made the pens, we-"

"Do not bring up the pens like their just a pen. In case you haven't realized, I don't want everybody to know what they bloody are." She said quickly with a stern look and demanding voice. The four boys instantly silenced themselves, but nodded rapidly. "But this is no place to conversate about business." She said looking around where many eyes were staring. The four boys following her eyes. "Go to room three two-seven b, of the Southern side. At exactly five past ten."

"But that's after curfew." Peter said to the girl, she simply shrugged before placing her books in her bag and collecting her coat.

"You boys can get there. If you don't, well then I guess this favor isn't as important as it sounds." She said before walking away. A dark glint in her eyes as she realized the boys were slightly worried about the late curfew and having to travel from one side of the castle to the other.

How hard could it be? August did it every day. Except she had tricks up her sleeves... tricks they don't have.

Yet.