Chapter 6

"Carlo. So help me, if you don't lay down I will shoot you in the other shoulder!" I shout and point to my bed.

When I got dragged into the limo Carlo said he needed someone to take the bullet out and he didn't know our doctor, so he needed me to take him there. That's why he dragged me with him.

I knew that I would probably get a beating for leaving a mission unfinished. But his shoulder was bleeding pretty badly. And I'm also leaving tonight, so what's a few broken rules?

Our personal doctor tried to get him into the medical room at the house but he pointed a gun at the doctor and told him to piss off.

So now here we are in my room, since he refused to go anywhere else, and I am about to remove the bullet.

"I can do it my-"

Before he can finish that sentence I shoot a bullet just next to his head going into the wall behind him.

Carlo glares at me and leans down on my bed with a towel under his shoulder. He takes his shirt off and I look away.

I roll up the sleeves of his jacket that I still have on and grab a pair of sterilised tweezers and get to work.

As I lean over him to the side, he turns his head to watch me. When I've got the bullet out he sits up and a little blood comes out. I wipe it up and get ready to sew it.

I wrap it up and look back at him "All done" I smile at him as I start to put stuff away.

He grabs his shirt but stops at the feeling of his shoulder moving. I grab his shirt and help him put his arms through.

He goes to button it up but winces.

I chuckle "What was it you were going to say earlier? "I can do it myself"."

"Shut up" He mumbles, but hides a smile.

I start at the bottom of his shirt and my fingers sometimes gently touch his toned abs that make me nearly stop just to observe but I stop myself.

I stop when there's three buttons left and my fingers brush against his skin, I feel him shiver as I move away.

He stands up and looks down at me with a weird look in his eyes that I can't seem to put an emotion to. We stand staring at each other until I start to feel self conscious.

"I should pack my bags" I move away from him and take out two suitcases from under my bed.

Carlo sits back down and watches me fill one suitcase up with clothes.

"What happened to your mirror?"

I look over to the shattered mirror and the glass on the floor. The mirror I punched.

"Um. It got drunk?" I question, my back is faced away from him so I pull a face at the words that came out of my mouth.

I grab a knife and walk over to the corner of my room. I move some things out of the way and start knocking on the floorboards until I find the right one.

I dig the knife into the floor and lift it up, I stick my hand inside and take the black box that has 'Amore' written on it in red, cursive writing.

"Of course. A mirror can get drunk, I should've known" Carlo says sarcastically as I close the floorboard again.

"What's that?"

"You ask a lot of questions," I mutter.

I open the box and look at the black shiny gun with red swirls on it and once again 'Amore' written on it.

I take it out and show Carlo.

"Amore" He says moving his finger over the writing and passing it back. "Why that?"

I put the box into the second suitcase and opened my hidden weapon compartment.

"It's my middle name" I shrug and pick guns, knives, braces, all that kind of stuff and put it into the suitcase.

Amore was also my mother's middle name.

"Are you ready?" He asks.

I nod my head and start to grab my bags. Carlo takes one from my hand and walks in front of me.

When we get down the stairs I notice Santiago and Rico shaking hands. Santiago turns to us and fake smiles at me. I look away and see Jeremiah in the corner of the room watching.

I frown and give him a small wave goodbye. He does the same before turning around and walking away.

It's going to be okay.

"I'll see you in a few weeks' time" Santiago says to Carlo.

When his attention turns to me he hugs me and whispers in my ear "I've given Rico permission to hit you and do everything I did to you and the other men"

I freeze when I remember a few other things that happened.

Please don't.

When Santiago pulls away he smiles at me when he notices I've realised what he's talking about. I look at Rico and he's staring at me fondly. I pull the sleeves of the jacket further down my arms and make sure it's done up.

Carlo takes my other bag in his hand, wincing a little at the extra weight on his bad side and walks out to the car. I run after him and he gives me a weird look when I walk closer to him. But he doesn't question it.

We get into the car and I sit next to the window and Carlo sits next to me. I grab the two sides of the slit in my dress and hold them together so my leg doesn't show.

Rico gets in the car and sits opposite us. I shuffle a little closer to Carlo when Rico looks at me and Carlo glares at him.

I don't want to be here.