Chapter 64

UNKNOWN POV:

Staring down at the long table in front of me filled with; pictures, files, sticky notes, and schedules.

I feel mesmerised by all of the pictures of Adelaide, but one picture catches my eye. It's a zoomed in photo that one of my men took of her, she's looking out at the view with birds in the background.

Her brown hair flying around her and her beautiful grey eyes flicker with excitement.

The files are filled with information about Adelaide and some of Carlo. There's a few that are about Rose and Isabella.

The schedules are from an old friend of mine, Tobias Knight, we had a few jobs together a couple years ago. His wife Lexi has also been a lot of help.

"They're going to be on their plane soon, Boss." One of my men announce as they stand at the brown door to my office.

I don't take my eyes off of the pictures in front of me. "Get in touch with the rest in New York and let them know. And get our plane ready."

"Yes boss." I hear the door close once more and I pour a small glass of whiskey.

As I stare at the photos I look at one of them, that is her and Carlo holding each other's pinkies and walking down a street.

Something stirs in me, I feel my insides hardening and my fingers ball into a fist.

My lungs fill mercilessly with fire, and my throat closed up. My heart gets poked repeatedly with nonexistent thorns, as I stare down at the couple.

I feel hurt that she even chose him, yes I know she doesn't really know me at all, only my name. Maybe.

But my sadness is quickly smothered with anger, my teeth grit together so hard I think my jaw might crack.

Breathing becomes heavier and everything starts to feel hot to the touch. I immediately pick up the photo and a lighter before burning it.

A smile makes its way onto my face as I watch the flames engulf their faces until slowly there is nothing left but ash.

I blow the ash away and lean on my hands against the table. Chugging my drink down quickly I throw the glass at the wall letting the broken glass scatter across the floor.

"You will be mine Adelaide." I mumble, pushing off the table and grabbing my coat. "Whether you like it or not."

I walk out of the room and out of the warehouse. I get into my car and start to drive off with my men in separate cars behind me.

I keep one hand on the wheel with my other on the open window, my elbow resting against it.

You can call me a monster if you want, it's nothing I haven't heard before. Monsters are the creepy crawlers in the darkness we feared as kids and would run away from. The things we feared when we turned off our lights, the things we had someone to check under our beds for, the things we closed our closet doors at night for.

So if a monster is something people are afraid of.

I don't mind it.

I'll wear that name with pride.

Because at the end of the day, I will be a monster with a beautiful lady at my side.