Chapter 28

A strange noise escapes my mouth as I straighten my legs and move my arms behind my head stretching backwards. "Ouch" I hear someone mumble as my hands hit something.

I finish stretching and relax back to how I was and slowly open my eyes. The sun beams through the curtains and I roll over with my eyes squinted shut.

I bring my hands up to my face and use my knuckles to rub my eyes. My senses finally start to awaken with me and I feel something heavy wrapped around me.

Opening my eyes I come face to face with Carlo and his big green eyes staring back at me. I pull a face at him and he smirks, looking down I see his arms are wrapped around me.

Once again I bring my arms behind my head, with my hands on the back of it and stretch. "Carlo. Move. You're disrupting my stretch." I sigh and yawn.

He shakes his head and I huff in annoyance. I close my eyes again and get ready to fall asleep again until my door gets slammed open. I bolt up right and panic not knowing who's at the door. Since the only time my door has ever been slammed open is when something bad is going to happen.

Izzy stands at the door with a grin on her face. I try to take a few deep breaths as I feel a small panic attack coming. "Moms made pancakes!" She screams and I flinch. She runs out of the room and I try to get out of my bed to wash my face.

Carlo wraps a hand over my arm and pulls me back into him. I tense up straight away and get even more scared. "Adelaide, it's okay" He whispers. He takes my hand in his and puts it over his heart. I feel his beat and try to match my breathing to his.

"See. All better" He smiles at me.

"Thank you" I mumble, before getting up to brush my teeth.

"Don't you want to eat first?" Carlo questions , as he follows me into the bathroom.

He watches me in the mirror and I look back at him. I shake my head no and spit before brushing my tongue. Carlo straightens up from where he is standing and looks away until he hears me turn the tap on to rinse the tooth brush.

I wipe my mouth with a towel so there's no toothpaste and pull the hood of my blanket hoodie up. I didn't get much sleep last night because we stayed up watching Harry Potter until six in the morning.

He cried a little for Dobby. But quickly wiped his eyes so I didn't get to laugh at him about it.

"You're eating!" Carlo declares, picking me up quickly and throwing me over his shoulder.

I let out a scream and punch his back. "Carlo put me down!" I get ignored and make an 'oof' sound every time he takes a step downstairs.

Carlo puts me in a chair at the table in the dining room and sits next to me. Izzy sits across from me and smiles. I smile back and watch as she forces a huge mouthful of pancakes into her mouth.

Rose walks into the dining room and set two packed plated in front of Carlo and I. "Good morning"

"Morning" I whisper.

"Morning Ma." Carlo kisses his mom's cheek as I stare painfully at the plate in front of me.

Don't eat. You won't be able to fit in any of your clothes.

Pig.

You're going to be so fat!

If you eat one mouthful just imagine how you will look. The dirty looks of disgust people will look at you with.

I shake my head and stand up quickly, leaving the room. I run upstairs and go into my bedroom, locking the door behind me just in case.

Disgusting.

"Stop" I whisper pacing back and forth.

You were really going to eat? How pathetic!

I look into the mirror and turn to my side. "I'm getting better." I try to convince myself.

Are you though?

I pause and think about it. Am I getting better? Or is it the thought of others thinking I'm getting better?

A knock is sounded at my door and I walk slowly towards it, I open it up a little and see Carlo holding a small plate of pancakes this time.

"I don't want them Carlo." I roll my eyes as he pushes his way into my room and places the plate on the desk.

The smell of the pancakes makes it's way to me and I feel my stomach churn and I feel like gagging. "Carlo. Please." I beg. Even having the food in the room is making me feel claustrophobic.

The walls feel as if they are closing around me and I can feel bile rise in my throat. My head feels dizzy and pounds violently, and my hands shake like there's no tomorrow.

Carlo looks at me and his eyes soften when he hears my simple plea. He picks the plate up and puts it outside my room door, closing the door behind him and me he walks back in.

"I'm sorry" He apologies. "I came to tell you we're going to Italy in a few weeks to basically babysit."

He sits down on my bed and gets swallowed by the heaps of cushions I have on it. He pulls my grey blanket up over him and watches me carefully.

I move from foot to foot in the corner of my room unsure of what to do. I don't want to go to my desk where the food was right now and I don't want to be touched right now.

Moving quickly to the window sill I sit down on it and open the window a little so I can breathe.

"Is your Italian okay?" He questions.

"Eccellente" I reply in my slight Italian accent.

My mother taught me a few languages since Santiago didn't like me knowing any. She told me that if I ever got out or she took me away we would go to a different place and I would need to know the language.

So I know; Italian, Spanish, French, Russian, German, Latin, Greek, Portuguese.

Carlo raises an eyebrow when he hears the accent and smiles slightly.

"I'm taking a nap" He announces, trying to get swallowed up more in my bed.

"Didn't you just wake up?" I deadpan.

"I had a big breakfast and need to sleep it off"

I roll my eyes and go to my wardrobe to put on a pair of grey bike shorts and an oversized white shirt with white sneakers. "I'm going gym" I announce walking back out.

Carlo sits up straight. "Have you got a gun?"

I furrow my eyebrows. "Why?"

"Rico" he replies nonchalantly.

"I'm not shooting your dad"

"Um. Yes you will. If you need to. Do it" He throws me a gun and I catch it.

He sits forward closer to me and scrunches his nose. "Kisses"

Shaking my head I peck his nose before walking out and going to the gym to do situps and work on my punching.