Chapter 29

After the gym I had gone to shower and Carlo was still asleep. He's actually a pretty sleeper, I won't lie. I won't say he looks peaceful because that's cliche, and I think everyone looks peaceful when they're sleeping because it's just their face relaxed.

So I'll just say that he looks less annoying.

Izzy has been sat with me for an hour now I think. I painted her nails blue and pink and then I did mine black on one hand and white on the other. With a white sad face on my black hand middle finger. Then a black happy face on the other.

She wanted to paint Carlo's hands so now he has one hand blue and pink like hers and then she ordered me to do my one on his other hand.

I chose to do his left hand because that's the hand he does pinky promises with.

"We should do his makeup" Izzy whispers pointing to my makeup on the floor in front of a mirror.

I like to sit down on the floor when I do makeup or stand up and walk around. It's very weird.

"Grab me a black pen looking thing." I go to Carlo and check to see if he's really asleep. His chest is moving slowly and I panic a little so I check his pulse quickly. Relaxing when I realise I'm just overthinking.

Izzy giggles and passes me an eyeliner. "Thank you" Izzy takes my phone and puts on a song.

La Seine and I

Starts to play and I remember the song from the movie A monster in Paris that Izzy convinced me to watch.

"I don't know how I'm going to do this" I tilt my head to the side trying to figure out how I can get a better angle to draw.

"Sit on his chest" Izzy shrugs. I furrow my eyebrows at her.

You're going to squish him.

Don't do it!

"We can think of something else" I mutter.

Izzy rolls her eyes and pushes me forward. I sigh deeply and slowly sit on his chest with my legs criss crossed.

I lean forward a little and start to draw a slightly downwards line and attach it to his eye-line.

"Can you sing to me?" Izzy asks as I lean forward a little more.

I look up at her and she's laid on her tummy next to us. I smile a little and go back to Carlo's eye.

"She's resplendent, so confident
La Seine, La Seine, La Seine
I realize I'm hypnotized
La Seine, La Seine, La Seine"

Moving my head to the side a little and draw out a line from his bottom lash line to the top.

"I hear the moon singing a tune
La Seine, La Seine, La Seine
Is she devine? Is it the wine?
La Seine, La Seine, La Seine"

I color in the space and draw a line out of the bottom lash line and down. I try to make this one look neat and straighter.

--------

CARLO'S POV:

"I don't know, don't know, so don't ask me why
That's how we are, La Seine and I
I don't know, don't know, so don't ask me why
That's how we are, La Seine and I"

I start to wake up a little at the peaceful singing voice, my chest feels as if there's a little weight on it and I furrow my eyebrows.

A giggle starts to erupt beside me and I go to move my head to the side. A warm hand grips my chin to keep me still.