Chapter 56

"Where are we going?" Carlo asks whilst leaning on his forearms behind him watching me from the bed.

"We're not going anywhere. I'm going somewhere though." I apply lip gloss before walking over to him.

It's been two days since Carlo read my book, when he was apologising profusely I was confused until he told me but still I do not understand why he would react like that.

"I'll ask once more. Where are we going?"

"I'll answer once more. You're staying here, I'm going."

Carlo rolls his eyes and falls back in the bed with a huff. "I'll see you later." I shout before running out of the penthouse hearing him shout for a kiss.

But I'm too excited to turn around and kiss him. I'm getting tattoos. Giovanni said he would come with me so he's picking me up.

He pulls up and beeps the horn once I get outside, I get into the car and he drives off to the tattoo shop.

"I'm guessing Lexi is your doing?" He chuckles.

I turn to him with a smile. "She shouldn't have touched him."

Giovanni laughs and turns a corner. "Do you know what you want?"

"Yeah. I have some of Carlo's designs I want." I look out the window.

"Gio. Can I ask you something?" I play with the ring on my finger nervously, looking down at my lap.

"Depends what it is."

"Well... since I don't really have anyone and I don't want someone from my bloodline to do it and I most definitely don't want Rico touching me. And you're basically my family." I look at him. "Can you walk me down the aisle?"

Giovanni smiles widely and pulls into a car space. "I'd love to."

I smile and he gives me a quick hug before we both get out of the car. Giovanni walks close beside me and keeps his eye on our surroundings.

We walk in a comfortable silence up until the tattoo place.

"Hey." A lady with bright blue hair and multiple piercings and tattoos, welcomes as we enter.

You ever look at someone and immediately feel safe because of it.

She's giving me these vibes.

"Hi." I smile. She walks from behind the counter and shakes our hands.

"Do you know what you want?" She asks, leading me to a room to get started. Giovanni sits in the waiting room on his phone.

****

Giovanni passes me a bowl of ice cream as I lean my head on the cold kitchen table. My back is hurting.

I got a dragon on my full back, a snake on my wrist to hide some scars and 'Save me' on my upper arm. Under my boob on my right side I have 'Still breathing;' the semicolon at the end is because my story is still going.

My back?

Fucking hurting.

But I want more tattoos, they're very addictive. Carlo had gone out when he got a phone call, we got he wasn't here so I was just talking to Giovanni and Izzy.

I look over to Izzy looking at my wrist with the clear wrap around it. I push my bowl of ice cream towards her. "You can have it. I'm not hungry."

"Adelaide-." Giovanni starts.

"I'm not hungry." I say once more whilst Izzy smiles and takes my ice cream.

"So you're wearing a suit?" I question with a smile.