Chapter 24

CARLO'S POV:

"Clean this up" I order the clean up crew before running up the stairs of the basement to find Adelaide.

I run to her room and knock on the door before entering.

Not here.

I run to my room.

Not here.

I go to the living room and Isabella's room.

Not there.

I go to the kitchen and there she is. Sat with a leg crossed over the other and on her phone. "Amore" I sigh in relief and walk up to her. "You okay?"

I lean my elbows on the table as I stand and fiddle with my rings. Adelaide looks at me and she looks perfectly fine, It's as if she didn't just find out a bunch of shit. Or the fact that she just went a little psycho down there.

Not that I'm complaining.... it was kind of hot in a weird way.

"I'm fine. Do you think I would suit this?" She shows me a picture of a different hair style.

"Yeah. You suit anything" I say, locking my eyes with hers. Her cheeks flush red and goes back to her phone. I sit down next to her and put her hands in mine.

"Adelaide. Are you okay?" She tenses up at those words and I squeeze her hands lightly to let her know I'm here.

She laughs lightly. "I'm okay Carlo"

"Promise?" I question and hold my pinky out.

She looks down at it and then back to her phone ignoring it. "I don't know if I want to do this to my hair or not. Cause if I hate it... well I mean I can-"

"Did you eat today?" I cut her off. Now I know that she's not okay. I can try to change the subject.

"Yeah." She says, but she sounds uncertain.

"Did you keep it down?"

I know that she's been throwing up, I can sometimes hear her gagging and then throwing up when I walk into her room to check on her.

Her grey eyes stare into mine and she shakes her head softly. Standing up I grab a small bowl and some cereal, I take the milk out of the fridge and a teaspoon.

"Can you eat five pieces? Just this once." I ask as I take a handful of the cereal and pick out five pieces. I put a splash of milk over it and push the bowl to her and the spoon.

If you put milk first.... Are you okay?

"It's okay if you can't," I reassure.

Adelaide picks up the spoon and I watch how her hands start to shake a tiny bit. She scoops up three pieces and puts it into her mouth.

I put everything away and when I turn back to her, the food is gone. I smile at her and she tries to return it but I can see her face paling up. "Cmon" I hold my hand out for her and she puts her hand in mine.

I guide her up the stairs and take her to my room. She sits down on my bed as I go to my closet. I pick out a black T- shirt and hoodie with a pair of black Calvin Kleins.

Walking out i notice Adelaide biting her nails and staring at my open bedroom door. "I'm not going to let him in here." I pass her the clothes and she takes them with a small smile.

"I'm going to get dressed in the closet." I close my bedroom door and lock it before returning to my closet.

I put on a pair of black sweatpants, not putting a shirt on and I wait for a few seconds.

I knock on my closest door to see if she's finished.

"It's okay"

Adelaide is swallowed in my hoodie and I can't help but look at her in awe.

She can steal my clothes any day.

She pulls the hood up a little and crawls to the top of my bed on her hands and knees. She gets under the covers and I get in too on the other side.

I roll onto my side so I'm facing her and she moves closer to me, wrapping her hand around one of mine. She pulls it close to her face so it's close to her lips and under her nose. I can feel her breath on my hand.

Her eyes close as she wraps her other hand over mine as well, so she's holding my hand with both of hers. I make sure the cover is fully over her so she won't get cold before settling down and rubbing my thumb over her hand.

"Can I hold you?" I whisper.

She slowly looks at me as if trying to analyse me and see if I'm going to do anything. Eventually, she nods her head softly and pulls my hand a little more closer.

Moving myself closer to her I wrap my free arm around her and bring her closer, she nestles her head just under my chin and clutches my hand as if she thinks I'm going to leave.

"Thank you Carlo."Adelaide whispers tiredly.

"What for?" I whisper back.

She stays silent for a few seconds before nuzzling her head into my neck more and sighing. "Saving me" she whispers again, so quietly that I almost missed it

I kiss the tip of her button nose before resting my head on top of hers. Slowly I fall asleep to her even breathing on my hand.