Chapter 54

"Come on pretty boy." I huff as I try to pull Carlo up off the bed he has refused to get out of.

Carlo rolls his wrists so he's got a firmer grip on me and pulls me down on top of him. "You're my pretty girl." He mumbles into my hair.

"We have to get going." I try to pull myself up off him but he refuses once again.

"No." Is all he says before peppering kisses all over my face making me squirm and laugh.

"We have to go!" I scream when he pinches my side, tickling me.

He sticks his bottom lip at me and shakes his head. I roll my eyes and kiss his bottom lip, he makes it stick out more and I laugh. I suck his bottom lip into mine, biting it lightly making him groan quietly. As I pull back his bottom lip is a little red, "Off."

He lets me go and stands up in front of me, he's already dressed in an all black suit and I'm in a pair of black leggings and a grey hoodie that is actually mine, not his for once.

I turn around and start to walk over to my shoes when a stinging sensation erupts on my left ass cheek. I turn my head to Carlo and glare at him as he tilts his head to the side with his bottom lip sucked into his mouth, staring at my ass.

"Men." I mutter under my breath and grab my shoes. We walk out of the penthouse and as we're in the elevator I notice how close it is to Christmas.

"What do you want for Christmas?" I ask looking straight ahead at the black door of the elevator.

From the corner of my eye I notice him looking at me, then at where I'm staring. "I'm already getting an early Christmas present, so I think that's enough." I look up at him confused, he grabs my ring hand and kisses it. "I get to marry you." He then opens my hand and kisses my palm.

A soft smile graces over my lips and I wrap his arm over my shoulders whilst snuggling into his side. "Something else then." I mutter.

Carlo moves back and looks at me in thought before smiling like a Cheshire Cat. "A baby."

I make an 'ope' sound and my eyes widen. Carlo kisses my nose. "Only when you're ready." He tells me.

****

Children.

The spawns of whatever is lower than Satan. The things I hate but only accept some.

"Adelaide concentrate." Rose nudges my shoulder. I look down at the table in front of me with millions of wedding photos.

Photos of dresses, chairs, lights, etc.

"Do you think I would be a good mom?" I question playing with the corners of the photos.

Rose stares at my stomach then back to my face and then repeats with a smile on her face.

"I'm not pregnant." I reassure. "I don't think I am." I mumble quietly to myself.

"I think you'd be an amazing mom." She smiles.

"Can you even have children after being... you know?" I ask, getting angry at myself for not fighting back as much as I should've. There must have been something I could've done to make it stop.

Just something.

"I think so. We can get you checked if you want?" She asks.

"No. It's fine."

I don't want to get checked... not right now. I will know next week when I'm so supposed to be on, then the week after is the wedding.

"I like this one." I point to a black wedding dress. "And this one." Then to a white one.

Rose chuckles. "You're going to have to make a choice."

I smile softly.

We look at the photos more and put them into groups for a few hours until Carlo starts pounding on the locked door.

"Can I have my Adelaide back now!?" He shouts, not stopping his thudding on the door.

"That boy is obsessed." Rose laughs before shouting, "Go back to Giovanni!"

"No! He's pissing me off, it's my turn with Adelaide!"

"You can go, I think we've got it all sorted." Rose laughs to me.

I kiss her cheek and stand up from my seat walking to the door, before I unlock it I turn to her. "I'll choose a dress."

She waves me goodbye and I walk out immediately having strong arms surround me.

"Emilio is here! We have to hide." He whisper shouts into my ear.

He grabs my hand and starts speed walking down the stairs and heading straight to the kitchen. I sit on the counter whilst he goes to the fridge and grabbing a water bottle. Walking back over to me he settles himself in between my legs.

I watch his Adam's apple bob as he gulps water down, whilst he's drinking he makes eye contact with me and I get butterflies.

He finishes his drink and puts the cap back on the bottle, placing it beside us. His hands go to my thighs and he rubs them up to my waist and back down again.

"Did you find what you want?" He asks.

"Mhm." I hum.

He presses a kiss to my nose and snakes his hands under my hoodie rubbing my bare back sending shivers throughout my body.

I press kisses to his lips and he smiles as I peck them repeatedly. "That tickles." He whispers with a goofy grin.

There's a comfortable silence for a while with my head flat against his chest and his chin resting on the top of my head rubbing his hands on my back. I leave my hands on the side of his pants only pushing my thumbs under his waistband.

I notice Carlo's eyes start to water but before I can say anything,

"There you are!" Emilio's voice squeals across the kitchen. "I was looking for you!"

Carlo glares at him. "Get out." He says in a cold tone.

Emilio immediately spins around and walks out quickly closing the door behind him. Carlo looks back at me and glances up and down my face, he nuzzles his head into the crook of my neck and tightens his arms around my body under the hoodie.

"You know I love you right?" He whispers into my neck, his voice cracking slightly.

"Yeah." I whisper back, kissing his shoulder. "What's the matter Carlo?"

He's quiet for a long time until I hear him quietly sob into my neck. He sniffs quickly obviously trying to hide the fact he is crying.

I grab his face in between my face and hold him in front of me. His face smushes a little and I feel the resistance of him trying to get back into my neck. "Carlo." I warn as a tear trickles down his cheek. "Why are you crying?"

Carlo shakes his head and pulls me closer by my waist. "Please forgive me." More tears fall down his face and he squeezes me lightly with shaking hands.

"Why?"