Chapter 73

Never did I think I would have to do this. Well. Eventually, in the future.

The far far far far far far far far future.

Currently I am standing in front of a door waiting for Rose to open it up. Because I may or may not have a gremlin inside me.

And to be honest as much as it might be nice to have one with Carlo. I really don't fucking want one right now.

I love him, but I don't even care if it makes him happy or not.

The door opens and Rose closes the door behind her quickly. I already rang up saying I needed her to take me to the store.

I only managed to let Carlo let me go by myself, I told him I had to pick up some shoes from Rose. He believed me.

"So why are we going to the store?" She asks as we get into the car. "Are you going to tell me why you sounded out of breath when you rang me?"

These are all good questions, I had just finished throwing up without Carlo's acknowledgment and decided I needed Rose's help.

"Not right now." I mumble and look out of the window.

As we get to the store I nervously take Rose's hand in mine, I can see her look at me shocked from my peripheral vision but I ignore all that and proceed to walk through the aisles until I get to the one I need.

"Which ones are best?" I ask, not having a clue about what or how a stick is going to give me the information I need.

"Your-" She starts but I just squeeze her hand a little to stop her from talking.

"Right. Um." She tries to shake off my hand and look at them but I grip her hand so she won't let go. She breathes out a shaky breath and proceeds to look at the different sticks in a box.

She picks up three different boxes and passes them to me.

"Why so many?" I stare at the boxes in my hand.

"So you know for sure." Is all she says. "You basically wee where it tells you and leave it on the side for however long it tells you.

"Okay." I breathe out.

****

"Are you ready? We're going to leave soon." Carlo asks as he walks into the bathroom next to me with his tie undone.

"Yeah." I mumble and do his tie for him. "I just need to go to the toilet and then I'm good."

Carlo kisses my nose and walks out of the bathroom closing the door behind me. I listen to his footsteps until I know he is a little further away, I lock the door quietly and stand back in front of the mirror.

The dark green dress I'm wearing hugs my body carefully and the gap on my back rests low.

I go to my small satin green purse and open it up. I take the carrier bag from a locked drawer, I put it in and open up the boxes, I take one test out of all of them and put the remainder back into the drawer.

Taking a deep breath to stop myself from hyperventilating, I sit down on the toilet and read the instructions carefully before doing what it tells me to do.

The three tests lay on the side as I sit on the toilet seat with my leg bouncing and my face in my hands.

This is taking too long.

"Adelaide it's time to go." Carlo knocks on the door.

"I'm coming!" I shout back whilst stuffing the tests into my purse. I open the door and smile up at Carlo. "My thigh holster was itchy so I had to re-strap it on."