Chapter 71

"Pass me the potato please." Izzy holds her hands out for the bowl.

Carlo stands up and leans over the table putting a spoon full on her plate. "More?"

"Yeah, I'll tell you when to stop." She smiles cheekily at him.

"Yes your majesty." Carlo laughs.

After a few more scoops she shouts, "STOP!"

Rose is quiet from where she is sat and keeps anxiously looking over to the old clock in the corner of the dining room.

Carlo flicks food at Izzy and they start a small food fight.

"Is the clock hitting you?" I ask Rose quietly and she jumps a little before looking at me. "Cause if it's becoming a problem I will beat a bitch." I hold up my fists mockingly.

She smiles a little bit but I can still tell she's sad. "Rico is going to be home in half an hour." She mumbles.

I look over to the clock quickly. "Where is he now?"

"A bar or somewhere not here."

Well no shit.

I look around the table, and we've nearly finished eating.

"Izzy, are you finished?" I ask her.

She stops throwing food at Carlo, "Yeah. I have a Santa belly." She holds her stomach and pretends to make it jiggle.

"Do you want to go pack a bag?"

Carlo looks at me confused but I ignore him, Izzy gets from the table and runs out of the room with no questions asked.

I stand up from the table. "Rose, go pack a bag." I order and collect the plates.

She goes to protest but I glare at her and she closes her mouth walking out of the room.

"What are you doing?" Carlo asks, grabbing bowls and dishes.

"Letting them stay the night. Is that okay?"

Carlo kisses my cheek. "Of course."

****

"Okay. Cookies and milk for Izzy, Coffee for momma bear, water for Carlo." I pass them their things one by one.

"So I don't get a nickname?" Carlo pouts.

"No." I sit down on the floor next to Izzy.

Carlo and Rose are both sat on the couch and us two are sat near their legs. Carlo moves his legs on either side of me and pulls my head back so I'm looking at him.

He presses a light kiss to my lips and then my nose.

"Ew." Izzy fake gags.

"Shut up." Carlo deadpans.

Rose rolls her eyes at her two kids having a death stare competition.

"Don't tell me to shut up." Izzy sasses.

"Shut up."

Izzy stands up and points a finger in his face. "You are so rude! You shut up, no one wants to hear your annoying voice."

Carlo goes to say something else but my phone starts ringing. I stand up and run over to my phone answering it straightaway.