Chapter 19

CARLO'S POV:

I sit stunned and angry. So fucking angry. "I'm going to kill him" I grit out, standing up quickly and making my way towards the house.

How disgusting can he be? That's my girl and he laid a hand on her! Even when I was in the house.

Not my girl. It's Adelaide, just Adelaide.

A very gorgeous woman who makes me have butterflies even though I haven't known her for long.

Ugh you know what I mean!

"Carlo!" Adelaide shouts from behind me.

I don't listen and she runs in front of me putting a hand up and one on her knee. I accidentally bump into her at the sudden stop and her hand rests on my abs since she's short.

"One second" She takes a few deep breaths and I look behind us to where we were sitting.

"We're not even that far away" I deadpan.

The tree is honestly at least twenty steps away. She looks up at me through her teary eyes and glares, "That's rude. Do I look like some lanky giant like you? No, I didn't think so." Even though she's trying to prove a point her voice cracks.

Adelaide takes me by surprise and wraps her arms around my waist for a hug, she sobs into my chest and I hold her back.

That's when I realised I had just left her crying in front of me after what she'd just told me.

"You said you wouldn't be angry" She sobs, holding me tighter.

I lift her chin up to look at me with my finger, she's still close to me and i lean my head down a little.

"I said I wouldn't get angry at you. And I'm not. I'm angry at that piece of shit for hurting you. So now I'm going to kill him" I state 'matter of factly'.

I use my thumb to wipe her tears and cup her face with one hand. The other hand on her waist, whilst she's still wrapping her arms around my waist.

I peck her nose and she scrunches it up, I making me chuckle. I hug her properly and nuzzle my head into the side of her neck.

Breathing in her Lavender scent I calm down slowly. "I am going to kill him Adelaide"

She shakes her head. "You can't"

"I can. And I will. He fucking ra-"

Before I can finish the sentence Adelaide sniffs. "Please don't say it"

I hold her closer to me and we just stand in silence hugging each other close, under the moon. We start to rock side to side slightly and I can feel her smile a little.

"You don't hate me?" She whispers after a few minutes.

"Why would I hate you?" I say as calmly as I can.

"I couldn't fight back and I killed my own mom" Her voice cracks and I hold her tighter.

In all honesty I don't think she killed her mom, just the thought of Santiago smiling and then locking her in the same exact room to clean her mom up.

It doesn't sit right with me.

"That's not your fault. And it's not your fault you didn't lock the bathroom door. Adelaide none of what he did to you is your fault and if I can't kill him I will hurt him" I take my head out of her neck and wipe the new tears that she let out. "But for now, we are going to watch a movie"

She smiles up at me and un wraps her arms around me. I do the same and start to walk with her next to me.

We walk all the way to the living room and sit down, Adelaide turns the TV on as I turn off the lights.

"What do you want to watch?" I ask, sitting next to her.

"Ragnarok. I've been watching the Marvel movies in order and that one is next"

I smile at her and find the movie pressing play on it straight away.

Ten minutes into the movie I turn to look at her. "Do you want to marry me?"

"We're already married." She says not taking her eyes off the TV.

I remember the ring pops and shake my head. "No. The real thing, not some candy."

Her eyebrows furrow and she looks at me. "I don't really know you"

True.

"What if you did know me?"

"I'm not sure" I can just about see her cheeks turn a shade of pink. "Do you want to marry me?"

Yes "Maybe" I shrug.

She laughs lightly and turns back to the movie.

"My favourite color is grey, but not too dark it's in the middle" I state.

What the fuck am I doing?

Did I just describe her eyes?

"Mines green" She replies, not taking her eyes off the screen, but pauses and looks at me. "Green with a hint of a golden affect"

"Favourite animal?"

"A monkey or a snake. What's your favourite movie?"

"I haven't found one yet. What's yours?"

"Venom. That's my baby"

I feel my blood boil but calm down when I get embarrassed at the fact that I'm jealous of a movie character.

"Carlo. I can't marry you" I furrow my eyebrows at her in confusion "I'm married to Venom. I don't cheat" She places a hand over her heart.

I roll my eyes playfully and she chuckles.

"I won't let him hurt you again Adelaide." I promise losing all laughter in my voice as I bring up Santiago. She turns and looks at me, her eyes well up with tears. "I won't let Rico hurt you, I won't let anyone hurt you. Fuck! I won't even let Isabella hurt you and she's seven."

Adelaide holds her pinky out "Promise"

I nod my head "I promise" I wrap my pinky around hers and we kiss each other's hand at the same time.

"Thank you Carlo" She leans her head on my shoulder and I wrap an arm around her.

"I've got you Amore" I kiss the top of her head and we watch the movie.

Wait!

My eyes are green.