Chapter 30

Carlo promised me a lot of things that day. That day was two weeks ago and he has been fulfilling them.

I haven't seen Rico in some time and have been spending my time with Izzy and Rose. Carlo has been busy with Mafia work since he wanted to get a lot done before we go to Italy.

WHICH IS TODAY!!

But... no one told me our plane leaves at four in the fucking morning. I go to sleep at four in the morning or later. So I haven't gotten any sleep.

Right now I am standing on top of Carlo's bed since this is where I technically sleep now. It's only because my nightmares are getting worse and he seems to ease them slowly.

I will never say that he can take them away because no one can take a nightmare away they can simply help you feel safe.

You are the only person to save yourself in a dream.

"Adelaide. Are you even packed?" Carlo asks, running a hand through his hair.

I glare at him whilst rocking back and forth a little. "Dip shit. You were the one watching me pack yesterday!"

As you can tell I am angry when tired.

"Alright" He surrenders.

I climb off of his bed and grab one of his grey hoodies. I pull it over my head and close my eyes whilst standing.

"Okay two things. Number one. I was going to wear that. Number two. You better be wearing shorts or something under that!" Carlo declares.

Keeping my eyes closed I talk to him. "Number one. I do not care. Number two. Yes" I lift the hoodie up to show him my black shorts.

I hear Carlo kiss his teeth and then I am lifted in the air. "What are you doing?" I mumble, opening my eyes.

"Giving you a piggyback ride."

I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. I lay my head on his soft curls and close my eyes.

I feel us moving until I hear Izzy screaming. I open my eyes slowly and watch her run around in circles.

How is she so energetic?

"Demon." I announce.

Carlo chuckles and takes me out to the already packed car. I lean my head on his shoulder and fall asleep to the car's vibrations.

---

"Baby" I feel a warm hand brush my cheek and I slowly open my eyes to come face to face with Carlo. "We're going onto the plane okay?"

I nod my head.

"I'm going to carry you okay?" He questions.

I close my eyes and hold my arms out straight. I hear Carlo's deep laugh and then I am slotted into his body at the front. I put my face into his neck and wrap my arms around him.

His hands are placed under my thighs and I fall back asleep again.

---

Flashback:

"S-Stop!" I beg, before dry heaving and spitting out blood.

Another punch gets sent to my stomach and I curl over onto the floor.

"Stupid. Piece. Of. Shit!" Santiago yells with each kick to my stomach.

His hand grabs my hair and he slaps my across the face.

End of flashback.

---

"S-Stop" I whisper, turning my head to the side. "Get off." I say a little louder.