Chapter 9

When I awoke for the second time it was because of a nightmare. But this time it was seeing my mother's dead body.

I brush my hand down my face and climb out of bed.

I have a quick shower and brush my teeth before getting changed into a pair of blue jeans and a black sweatshirt with a white collar on it. I put on a pair of white socks and brush my brown hair leaving it in it's wavy state.

I grab my drawing pad and put it under my arm, with a pencil in my hand.

I walk down the stairs and as soon as I'm at the bottom step a small child hugs my legs

I walk down the stairs and as soon as I'm at the bottom step a small child hugs my legs. I look down at it and don't know what to do.

Do I kick it?

Hug it back?

I tap the small things head and it looks up at me.

"You look like a Princess" It giggles and moves away.

"Your the Princess around here" I joke and curtesy to her "your majesty"

She laughs and Carlo walks out of a room. "I'm Isabella. Carlo's sister" She holds her small hand out and I shake it.

"I'm Adelaide"

She smiles at me and I almost feel bad for calling her a thing and it.

Almost.

She has black hair and green eyes. She's like a miniature girl version of Carlo. She's wearing a pastel pink flower dress and white frilly socks.

"Do you want to watch Moana with us?" She asks.

"Sure" She takes my hand and drags me into the room Carlo came out of. She sits me down and presses play on a remote, she sits down on the left side of me and sits back. Her eyes glued to the screen.

I grab my drawing pad and pencil and face her a little, my legs criss crossed. I start to sketch a little outline when Carlo comes and sits on the right side of me. I turn my back more to him so I'm facing the little girl more.

She looks at me "What are you doing?" She asks.

"Drawing. Face the screen for me"

She smiles at me and faces forward looking at me from the side of her eye.

Throughout the movie she faces the screen but pays more attention to me out of the corner of her eye and moves in her seat a few times.

Every so often I feel Carlo's breath on the side of my neck from where he has leant over my shoulder to see what I've done.

The movie finishes and she turns to face me just as I'm finishing. Her smile beams as she looks at the drawing even though it's upside down in her point of view.

CarloOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara