Chapter 32

Do you ever see someone and instantly get the feeling or vibes that they shouldn't be trusted or you immediately know what kind of person they are?

That's kind of like me and Lexi.

She just doesn't seem right. Almost like she's hiding something.

Her kid Ricardo is alright. He's cute I guess as he threw up on Carlo last night when he got forced to give Ricardo a bottle of milk.

So that's the only reason I like him. But If he threw up on me instead that would be a whole different story.

Carlo tried pushing him off his lap whilst I was laughing and crying on the other couch in the living room.

The best part. I got it on video. Cue the evil laugh!

We're going to see Carlo's grandparents today. Rose's parents.

I'm excited, sort of. I like old people, especially when they are sat in a park together and you get to make different scenarios of how they lived their life and came to be in love.

You know what I mean?

Like maybe the lady waited for her husband to come back from a war and promised to always wait for him. You just casually make up a story for them.

No? Okay then.

I've done a little makeup today to try and feel pretty, so mascara and eyeliner is all I've done.

I've also decided to embrace my body today and my scars. I'm wearing a short skirt with a tight shirt. I run my fingers over the lightly bumped skin I try not to overthink how I look.

Your thighs are too big!

Your stomach is falling over your skirt.

Too late.

I tie up my black boots which have a little heel and walk away from the mirror and grab my phone and key chain. Making sure I have Carlo's ring around my neck and walk out of the room I'm staying in.

Carlo is staying in the room next to mine, he came in through the night and slept in here though.

My wavy hair is cascading down my back because I am too lazy to do anything else with it. I go onto my phone and walk past Carlo's door to go to the stairs. When I get to the top of them a black jacket gets wrapped around my shoulders.

Flinching slightly I look up to see Carlo next to me in a pair of black jeans, a plain black shirt with a black hoodie in his hand.

"As much as I like the idea of matching with you. Go change." I joke.

Carlo chuckles and holds onto my hand.

"Buongiorno amore mio" (good morning my love) His husky voice sends shivers down my spine. He proceeds to kiss my hand as he looks me in the eyes.

I begin to blush and quickly pull out my phone as he laughs. I start to play a game on my phone using my other hand and Carlo does whatever he's doing on his phone.

The sound of our shoes hitting the floor echoes a little and we walk hand in hand downstairs doing our own thing and walk into the dining room.

"You better not be on your phones when you sit down!" Rose orders.

Carlo quickly puts his phone in his pocket. I put my phone in Carlo's other pocket and sit down waiting for him to do the same.

Izzy runs into the room and sits next to me, Nicola comes in just a second after and sits on my other side but not for long. Carlo picks him up and quickly places himself next to me, leaving Nicola on the other side of him.

"Hey! That's my girlfriend!" Nicola shouts.

I could break his heart by breaking up with him.

Should I?

"She only said yes because you would cry if she said no! So piss off. She's mine!" Carlo declares, sitting back with his arms crossed.

"You're both wrong. She's mine" Izzy adds in, holding onto my arm and resting her head onto my shoulder.

Lexi and Tobias walk into the room as the three of them argue as to whose I am.

"I think you're all wrong." I mumble, they snap their heads to face me and I lean back and smile tilting my head to the side. "Adelaide is mine."

Carlo rolls his eyes trying not to smile.

Lexi sits across from me and begins to glare at me, I furrow my eyebrows.

What did I do now?

"Can I help you?" I ask with a little attitude.

Lexi rolls her eyes and starts to whisper to Tobias.

Dickhead.

Rose comes back into the room with different maids behind her carrying plates of food. They set a plate down in front of each of us and the kids dig into their food.

Tobias and Rose start a conversation with each other. Carlo eats in silence and I play with my food.

A quiet cough makes me look up from the food on my plate. Lexi looks at me disgusted and then down at my shoulder since the jacket has fallen off them slightly.

I pull up my jacket and slowly put a mouthful of food into my mouth, cringing slightly at the feeling in my stomach.

Lexi scoffs and I lean back in my chair leaving the food completely. I zip up the jacket so my body is covered and fiddle with the ends of the sleeves to keep my hands busy.

Carlo turns his body to me and unzips the jacket once more, moving the jacket open. He tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear and strokes his thumb across my jaw. "Stop covering yourself. Your so fucking beautiful." He whispers and kisses my nose.

He leans back in his chair and puts a hand on my thigh, his fingers brushing against my scars slightly.

"Lexi stop staring at her. It's not her fault you're an ugly insecure pig." Carlo snaps.

"Yeah you ugly insecure pig!" Nicola chimes in.

Bella giggles beside me and Tobias looks furious. Carlo stands up and takes my hand in his so I'm standing up with him.

"We're leaving early." He announces and we walk out to the car.