Chapter 13

"Stay still" I demand to Rose.

I like Rose, I think it might be the feeling in me that wishes I had a mother to bond with. So for now Rose is here. After I got shouted at I was having pretty bad flashbacks the whole way through.

I don't understand why it was just me that got the blame. I'm pretty sure Carlo was there too.

Anyways I came and hugged Rose.

I finish shading an eye and turn the paper to Rose. Her jaw drops and she smiles at me. "I love it!" She goes around the kitchen island and hugs me tight.

"Rose, can I ask you something?"

She pulls back and keeps her hands on my shoulder. "Of course"

"Do you think you can take me to see my mum?"

It's been a while since I went to her grave and I didn't get to go when it was the 9 year day.

"I think so. Where does she live?" Rose walks back to the sink where a maid is washing up and helps to do the drying part.

"Um. She's... dead" I rub the back of my neck "So the cemetery?"

Rose and the maid both stop and turn to me. I give them both a small smile and the maid comes and stands in front of me.

She looks around forty with her short blonde, greyish hair and blue eyes.

"Can I give you a hug?"

No.

I nod my head and she gives me a light hug. "My names Juliet"

"Adelaide" I reply.

"I'm here to talk if you want to" She tells me before going back to the washing up.

Rose walks to me and takes my hands in hers "Of course we can go"

I get off the stool and grab two bottles of whiskey from a cupboard.

"Let me just grab a bag and change" I say before walking out of the kitchen, the bottles in my hands and my drawing pad under my arm.

I take the corner and see Carlo shirtless only in grey sweatpants leaning against his door frame.

"What's that for?" He asks, pointing to the bottles in my hand.

"My plant" I reply shortly, closing my door behind me.

I put on a matching dark grey sweatpants and hoodie with grey Jordan's. I found a backpack and put a gun, a few knives and the alcohol inside it.

I pull my hood up as the clouds look grey outside. I walk out of the room and Carlo is still standing at his door frame.

"Where are you going?" He interrogates.

What's with the questions?

"Adelaide! Are you ready?" Rose shouts from downstairs.

"Yeah!" I shout back "I am going for a walk" I turn around and head downstairs.

Rose gives me a sad smile and we walk outside to her car. We get in and she starts to drive.

****

"Do you think I can have a few minutes alone?" I ask, feeling a little light headed from already drinking half a bottle.

Rose nods her head and leaves to go to the car as I sit in front of my mom's grave.

It starts to rain lightly and I run my fingers over my mother's name.

Sienna Amore Rivera

I sit in silence and finish the rest of the bottle before opening the second bottle and taking a big gulp.

"Mommy" I slur "I miss you." I start rocking back and forth a little bit, not being able to sit still. "You-" I take a big gulp "You're in a hole in the ground now. But I try not to stop thinking about you" I start to feel something wet fall down my cheek and I realise I'm crying. "I miss you. More than anything in the world" My voice cracks and I take another gulp. "And you don't understand what I would do to be with you right now. I wasn't strong. I wasn't" I shake my head violently. "I tried to fight back... he hurt me mom" I cry more as the rain gets heavier.

****

Flashback:

"Mommy! I slept on the grass. But I found you a pretty flower" I skip into my room, but immediately stop when I see mom in something red.

"Muma?" I touch her head and it's cold. I look down at her arms and there is one cut on each arm, very deep still spilling with blood.

"No!" I whisper. I run as fast as I can to dad's office and burst through.

"Mommy's. She's- she's gone!" I scream.

He smiles at me but hides it when I look at him confused.

"You did what!" He shouts, pushing past me and running into my room.

"She killed herself" He mumbles. "She killed herself because of you!"

"Clean this up!" He locks me in my room with my mother still on the floor.

End of flashback

****

"I'm so sorry" I place my head on the gravestone. "I'm so so sorry! I know I shouldn't be crying." I lift my head up and look at the stone "Why am I crying? I did this to you"

I down the rest of the alcohol and lay down on my back, the rain falling onto my face. I close my eyes and try to get my numb feeling back.

Someone place their arms under my armpits and helps me up. I open my eyes a little and see Rose. "Cmon darling"

She helps me to the car and clips me in. Then darkness.

****

"Adelaide. Wake up hunny, we're back at the house" I feel someone shake my shoulder lightly.

I open my eyes a little and see Rose sat in the driver's seat with mascara running down her cheeks.

"Why- Why are you crying?" I poke her face, still feeling dizzy.

"I'm not." I hear her sniff "Cmon drink some water please"

I take the water bottle from her and drink half of it. Rose gets out of the car and everything goes black again.

****

"Adelaide, take a step please"

My vision comes back again and I realise we are halfway up the stairs.

How did I get here?

I take another step and as we get to the top everything goes dark again.