Chapter 34

CARLO'S POV:

I nearly kissed her.

Me.

Fucking Giovanni. I'm going to kill him.

I was so close. So fucking close and she didn't even get scared or try to push me away. Was she going to kiss me back?

Well I can't know now. Because of my stupid grandpa.

I look over to Adelaide and see her writing in a black book.

"Amore?" I ask, moving closer to her. She hums in response.

"What are you writing?"

"My speech for Santiago's funeral." She replies in a serious tone.

I open and close my mouth at the words that came out of her mouth.

"I'm joking." She laughs and leans forward to kiss my nose. Her lips touch my nose and I close my eyes at the feeling of her soft lips. When she pulls back I slowly open my eyes and stare into her eyes.

I slowly lean forward as Adelaide's eyes flicker down to my lips. I place my hand on the side of her face and lick my lips quickly as I get closer. She starts to lean forward with me.

"Adelaide, have you got the car keys?"

Adelaide moves back and turns her head to where the door is.

Yep you guessed it.

Giovanni fucking Knight!

"Yeah." Adelaide puts her hand into the white sweatpants she changed into when we got back and throws them to him.

I continue to glare at Giovanni as he waves goodnight and leaves, turning the light off.

We decided to stay here instead of Tobias's house with the others, so we are sat in the living room watching Haikyu. And we both are wearing white sweatpants, I'm shirtless since it's boiling and I managed to convince her to wear a crop top instead of a hoodie.

Adelaide turns back to face me and smiles lightly at me before placing the black book down the side of the couch and propping cushions up so she can lean back.

She places her legs over mine and lays on her back with her head turned to the side, twirling the pen she was writing with between her fingers.

I take the pen from her hand and she looks at me confused, I open her legs and look into her eyes to make sure she is comfortable with me doing this. I crawl in between her legs and place them either side of me, I pull her sweatpants down a little.

"What are you doing?" She asks, with a little hint of panic in her voice.

"I'm only drawing. I promise." I whisper, she looks down at me and nods her head.

I start to doodle on her stomach and watch her stomach muscles tense up from coldness of the ink. Adelaide picks up a book from the table next to her and starts to read. I look up a few times to watch how her lips move slightly as she reads.

"Read to me." I whisper, still drawing on her stomach.

"Huh?"

"Read to me." I look up at her and smile. "You've got to start from the start though."

She rolls her eyes with a smile on her face and starts to read with the tv show on in the background.

"Death - Cast is calling with the warning of a lifetime - I'm going to die today." She begins.

****

Adelaide lets out a small yawn as her eyes close and open slowly as she whispers the ending tiredly with a tear running down her cheek as she slowly starts to fall asleep.

I finish drawing a flower on her stomach and look up at her to see her already looking down at me with her eyes hardly open.

"I like your concentrating face." She whispers, poking my cheek lightly making me laugh lightly. "You stick your tongue out a little." Her fingers tiredly move to my bottom lip and she drags her finger across it.

My breath hitches as she mindlessly plays with my bottom lip. Her eyes move to mine again and she removes her hand.

She looks down at her stomach and breathes out a laugh. "I like this one." She points to the drawing on her side of a skull with a snake coming out of it and roses around it.

There are a bunch of silly doodles all over her going from: Butterflies, flowers, wheels, scribbles, words, my name.

Yep I wrote my name going down the middle. My favourite of all I've drawn is the two rings wrapped around each other with our names in one of each. That's on her hip and I don't think she even realised I pulled her sweatpants down a little more to draw it.

Adelaide slowly closes her eyes and I kiss her stomach before crawling up further and laying down on top of her, but making sure I don't squash her.

I hold her close to me and nuzzle my head into her neck.

"I am so sorry the world has treated you with such negligent care my love. You didn't deserve that. Not at all. Rather quite the opposite actually. You deserved better. So so much better." I whisper into her ear before pressing my lips lightly onto her neck.

I pull away and see her staring at me. "Thank you." She whispers.

I roll onto my side taking her with me so I'm laying on the outside of the couch and she's on the inside. I wrap one of her legs around my waist and place one of my arms under her head and one gripping her waist.

She places her hands at my sides so she's cupping my sides and she rubs her thumbs on the outside of my abs.

I sigh in content and slowly drag my hand up her side to her face. She looks at me with her big grey eyes and I feel her breath hitch.

I cup the front of her jaw with two fingers under her chin and my thumb just under her bottom lip and lean forward. I get close enough that we are practically sharing the same air.

"Adelaide, can I kiss you?" I whisper, keeping my eyes on her lips.

She takes a deep breath. "Yeah."

Don't need to tell me twice.

I press my lips to hers softly and close my eyes as I feel our lips moving together slowly. This kiss isn't fast and rough, more soft and sensational.

I glide my tongue against her lips and she opens her mouth for me to put my tongue in between them.

Our tongues lap each other as I carefully explore her mouth. We pull away slowly and as I open my eyes I see Adelaide with her eyes still closed.

Eventually she opens them and looks at me with her eyes dilated. I tilt my head to the side slightly and kiss her lips for a second before moving down and placing my head onto her chest.

Adelaide rubs my sides with her hands. As I run my fingers over the slightly bumped scars on her ribs and sides.

"Please don't hurt yourself." I mumble.

"I'll try." She whispers, but she doesn't sound convincing.

I nod my head and place three kisses onto her chest before closing my eyes and letting the darkness overcome me.

In the arms of the girl I am starting to fall for even more everyday.