Chapter 55

CARLO'S POV:

"Why?" Adelaide is now leaning back a little as I try to get the words out.

I pull the small black book out of my inside pocket and watch as her face falls and pales. I put it beside her on the table and move back.

I keep my eyes on her and tell her what happened:

****
FLASHBACK:

"Bella, I'll be right back, I have to grab something okay?"

Bella nods her head and I quickly go up the stairs to Adelaide's and mine's old bedroom. I try to close the door but a foot gets in the way.

"Hello son."

I glare at the man I share blood with. "Rico."

"How have you been? Is your little slut in here?" He tries to look behind me and into the room but I push him away.

"She's not a slut Rico! Why did you even come here?"

Rico smiles at me and tilts his head to the side. "I wonder what Adelaide would say if I killed you. Do you think she would come running to me?"

I stifle a laugh. "No."

"How about we make a deal?" He suggests.

"I'm not making a deal over my future wife!" I deadpan.

"That's up to you. My plan will work anyway." He mumbles to himself before holding his hand out for me to shake.

"No."

I slam the door in his face and lock it. I turn around and laid out on the bed is a very naked Lexi.

I turn around quickly. "What the actual fuck!?" I shout.

I hear the bed squeak and then the sound of bare feet on the floor making its way to me. Before I know it a hand is gliding down my chest and cupping my dick.

Quickly smacking her hands away I take my suit jacket off and wrap it around her shoulders, only looking her in the eyes and not at her body. "Don't embarrass yourself Lexi." I warn and walk over to the corner of the room knocking on the floorboard.

Until I find the one I think is right. Lexi comes back behind me stroking my thighs. "Lexi." I grab her wrists and stand up to my full height. "Don't." My jaw clenched in irritation.

Lexi leans forward for a kiss but I turn to the side so she falls right past me. I walk past her and go to a different corner knocking on the floorboards ignoring the naked girl in the room with me.

I bend down with my hand in the floor before I get pushed down and Lexi smashes her lips to mine , i lay there feeling her lips move against mine in shock. I realise what's happening when she rolls her hips on mine. I push her off me and she falls to the ground.

"Stop." I warn in a demanding tone. Standing up.

I go into the floorboard and try to find the rings that I put in there only to pull out a black book.

I open the floorboard next to it and grab the rings from it. Lexi looks up at me from the floor with fear and horny eyes. I go to the wardrobe and grab another suit jacket, the last one I left here.

I walk out of the room saying, "Get yourself dressed and talk to your husband." I look down at the black book in my hands with eyebrows furrowed. I make my way to Giovanni's office and walk in without knocking.

"Hello." I mutter, sitting down on the couch leaning back.

"You okay?" I hear papers rustle from Giovanni's desk.