Chapter 22

Do you ever struggle with the smallest thing and want to cry because of it?

It's so fucking annoying.

I'm trying to clasp together the front of my top but it keeps undoing and it's making me want to angry cry.

Trying a few more times it finally gets together.

Seven more to go.

I'm wearing a pair of leather pants, with this annoying ass top and a pair of black slightly heeled boots. My makeup is little, a bit of winged eyeliner, mascara, and lipgloss

I'm way too lazy to do anything else. I grab a hair grip and twist my hair up before gripping it into place and letting the hair fall over it.

A knock sounds on the bathroom door and I shout "It's okay" I loop my belt through the holes of my pants and tighten it up. Carlo walks out of the bathroom in a pair of black jeans and a black buttoned blouse. Yet his is undone.

I admire his tattoos and Carlo chuckles. "Are you done?" I walk up to him and move a little bit of his blouse out of the way so I can see the rest of his skull tattoo that has a snake going through one of the eyes.

"Not yet" I whisper.

I look at the others: the three butterflies on his left wrist, the feather on his right side, and the knife on the other. I can't see his other arm ones since they are covered but I trace my finger over the feather.

"Now I'm done" I smile up at him as I move my hand away.

Carlo stays silent and just stares into my eyes an emotion flashing in his eyes before disappearing. I feel my cheeks heat up and I look down. My eyes land on his hand and the tattoo on it. I pick his hand up and look at the Rose on it with 'mother' written in between the space of his index finger and thumb.

"This one is one of my favourites" I put his hand down and turn around to put on jewellery.

I hear him mutter "What are you doing to me?" Under his breath.

I put on a few chains and necklaces before putting on a bracelet and a few rings on each hand. Carlo buttons up his blouse and puts his own chains and rings on.

He walks up to me and takes one of my empty chains off of me. He slides one of his rings onto it and then puts the chain around my neck again.

I look down and hold up the snake ring he just put around me.

"We should leave now if you don't want me to go down stairs and torture my own father to death" Carlo says in a very serious tone.

I quickly walk out of the room and tuck two knives into my boots. I run downstairs and wait for Carlo outside in front of the black Hennessey Venom F5.

The car we are racing.

Carlo walks out with a gun in his hand and a jacket in the other. He stands in front of me and motions me to turn around. I do as he says and his cold fingers brush my skin as he pulls back my pants and slots the gun in the back of them.

"Put this on" He hands me the jacket and I put my arms through.

He pulls my hood up a little and zips the jacket up. "Better" He smiles like a three year old at his progress.

Opening my door for me I get into the car and wait for him to get in himself.

••••

Currently, I am sitting on the hood of the car with one leg propped up and one on the ground, with my arms behind me to hold me up as I lean back.

Carlo is standing in front of me close enough so our legs are touching. "Do I have to win this race?" I ask, looking around and analysing our opponent.

"Yeah. The next race will be against Ramon, if we win this one. I'll drive that race so you can shoot his car" Carlo leans forward to me and places his hands either side of me leaning down a little.

"How are you feeling?" He whispers, his eyes filled with worry.

"I'm okay. Promise" I hold my pinky out and he does the same. We make a pinky promise and kiss each other's hands.

"Good" He stays leant in front of me and we just talk about nonsense.

"RACERS GET READY!" The announcer bellows through a microphone.

"You ready principessa?" Carlo moves his hands to my waist and rubs small circles.

"Obviously" I laugh getting excited now.

He chuckles and leans his face towards mine and scrunches and un scrunches his nose. "Kisses"

I roll my eyes playfully and kiss his nose. He gives a childish grin and moves back so I can get off the hood of the car.

I'm guessing nose kisses are our thing then.

We get into the car and I pull up to the starting line.

I can feel Carlo's eyes on me but I keep my eyes forward as a guy with a flag walks to the middle of the road.

Breathing out I tighten my grip on the steering wheel and rev the engine.

The flag gets held in the air and brought down fast.

I change gear and race forward, the other car screeches as the wheels spin before trying to catch up with us.

We come up to a turn. "Take it easy, baby." Carlo hints.

I get butterflies in my stomach at the way baby rolls off his tongue. He's been calling me baby for a few weeks now and every time it makes me feel strange things.

I speed up more and right as we get to the turn I spin the wheel and press the clutch, slamming down on the brakes. We drift the whole turn and I quickly change gears and speed up.

"That was risky," Carlo mumbles.

The car behind us slows down before taking the turn themselves. I put my hand over Carlo's and change gear with my hand still over his.

We come up to a second turn and I place his hand on my thigh so I can spin the wheel and drift again.

Carlo rubs small circles on my upper thigh with his thumb and I drift the car again before changing into 5th gear and speeding once again.

We pass the finish line first and I turn to look at Carlo. He leans over the centre console and kisses my nose before we get out.

The man who runs the race comes up to us and hands us the money. We get back into the car and drive off to the side, where it's like a waiting parking space for the next race.

I sit back on the hood of the car and Carlo stands in front of me.

I smile up at him and he wraps his arms around my waist bringing me closer to him, placing his head into my neck and hugging me close.

"You okay?" I ask, stroking his hair.

He hums in response and we carry on talking in each other's ear whilst hugging.