Chapter 49

As I watch Isabella run around the empty playground I feel conflicted. Carlo has been making phone calls for the whole time we've been here, non stop and the only time he hasn't been on his phone is when Izzy fell off a swing.

I am going to be a Mafia Boss.

Maybe.

Me. Adelaide Amore Rivera.

The girl that pushes doors that say pull.

I can't choose if I want to be the boss or let Carlo take over them both. I know that as soon as Carlo takes over them both I will just be sat on the side line and I will lose my family name.

Adelaide Amore Knight.

It has a nice sound to it. Gosh, am I even ready to get married?

"Del?"

What if we get married and he gets bored?

"Del?"

I'm not even good company. This might just be a little fling for Carlo, like in the movies.

"Del!?"

I shake my head to snap out of my thoughts and I come face to face with Izzy. Her small hands placed on the side of face whilst she stares into my eyes.

"Can we go get ice cream?" She asks.

I pull back and look around noticing that Carlo isn't anywhere.

"He went to make a phone call over there." She points to the back of a building.

I sigh before standing up and taking her hand in mine. "Let's go."

We walk towards a path and start looking for an ice cream shop. "I love you Adelaide." She smiles up at me when I look down at her.

"I love you too." I laugh and pinch her face playfully. She lets out a high pitched squeal before bumping into someone. Izzy falls to the floor with a bump and I quickly crouch down and help her up, dusting the dirt off her. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." She mutters.

I stand up with her hand in mine and look at the person she walked into it. "I'm so sorry." The girl in front of me quavers.

"It's fine." I say with a small smile as I guide Izzy and I around her to the ice cream shop a few stores down.

Izzy runs inside and I put my hand on my lower back to make sure I can still feel my gun in my waistband.

"What flavour do you want Izzy?" I ask as she looks at the different flavours.

"Mint!" She shouts.

"Cup or cone?" I start to get my money out and step forward as the line moves.

"Cup. I like the spoons." She grins. Izzy spins around me as we wait for our turn in the queue. When it is our turn Izzy tells the person what she wants and I pay.

"Want to eat inside here or go back to the playground?" I ask.

"Stay in here." Izzy runs to a table with stools and stands next to the chair waiting to be picked up so she can sit.

I help her up and sit in front of her. "Izzy. If I um." I scratch the back of my head. "If I married Carlo, what type of wedding would you think it should be? I was thinking a woods."

Izzy smiles at me with mint ice cream around her mouth already. "I like the woods idea." She tilts her head to the side. "I saw this picture in a book mummy has and the lady is wearing a black dress. You could add loads of fairy lights around the entire place."