Chapter 51

*song starts from the start*

Carlo drives with a small smile on his face and his head facing forward.

"Why are you so smiley?" I question, confused now. Once we left the funeral he put us in a car and just started driving until it got dark.

Carlo faces me and rolls his eyes at my impatient self, "Just wait." He reaches to the back of the car whilst keeping his eyes on the road and takes something. As he brings his hand back in front of him he has a pair of jeans and a black hoodie in his hand.

"Get changed." Is all he tells me.

I take the clothes and start to pull the top of my dress down, in my peripheral vision I see Carlo watching me from the corner of his eye. I bring the hoodie over my head so I only have a strapless bra underneath. I unclip my seatbelt and lift my hips up so I can pull the rest of the dress off, I put the jeans on and button them up.

Carlo throws my dress on the back seat and starts to turn down a gravel road. He drives for a few more seconds before coming to a stop in the middle of a woods.

He turns to face me and smiles, "Come on."

I get out of the car and watch him pat down his pockets in the car before stepping out and walking forward a little further away from the car.

Light rain drops drip through the trees above us and the light from the headlights are the only light source to see each other. Carlo stops and beckons me over to him.

Cautiously, I walk over to Carlo and once I'm within arms reach, he pulls me closer to him and kisses my forehead before taking a deep breath and stepping back slightly.

Carlo looks to the side with a smile on his face before he clears his throat and loses the smile becoming serious, he stares into my eyes and gets down on one knee.

He reaches into one of his pockets and pulls out a black velvet box and opens it slowly revealing a small ring with a few diamonds on the front, the headlights from the car shine against the ring making the diamonds dazzle.

My eyes widen and I open my mouth to speak but he speaks up first, "Shush, let me talk first then you can ramble all you like afterwards." I close my mouth and stand stunned in front of him.

"Adelaide Amore Rivera. I don't remember falling in love with you, I just remember one day watching your smile engulf your face. Your eyes staring right back into mine. Your thumb ever so slightly grazing mine. I remember your laugh leaving echoes in my head.

Sometimes I wonder if you know.

I wonder if you know the way you have me wrapped around your finger. I wonder if you know that my heart and soul wants nothing and no one... but you.

I want you so bad. I truly do. I want to hear your morning voice. I want to hear your laugh. I want to see you at your vulnerable moments. I want to see the way your nose scrunches with each smile you make.

So. Adelaide Amore Rivera, would you do me the honours of becoming mine properly?"

Tears well up in my eyes as Carlo stares up at me. A smile makes its way onto my face and I nod my head letting a few tears slip. "Yeah." I whisper with a voice crack.

Carlo grins at me and slides the ring onto my finger before standing up cupping my jaw with both hands and kissing me roughly. The hoodie swallows my hands and I ball the ends into my fists whilst wrapping my arms around his waist.

He pulls back and leans his forehead on mine and stares into my eyes. I look back at him and my eyes flicker to his lips where most of my lipstick has come off. "I love you so much." He whispers quietly.

"I love you more." I smile.

He shakes his head with a chuckle, "You should know by now that's not true."

Carlo takes my arms around his waist away and holds my hands in his between the both of us. He leaves his forehead against mine as he looks down and pulls my hand out of the sleeve, he holds my hand delicately in his and a small smile forms on his face as he looks down at the ring on my finger.

"I didn't want the diamond to be too big because you don't like flashy things like that." He mumbles.

"I love the ring." I tell him honestly and kiss his nose, leaving a red lipstick mark on it. I wipe his nose with my opposite hand since he won't let go of the other one.

"This is where I want the venue to be." Carlo steps back and looks around at the cleared space in the middle of the trees. "We made the pinky promise in the woods and you love the woods, I love the woods. I had some people clear the space, hence the drive in part and this big space here." He uses his hands and arms to show everything. "We didn't cut down that many trees though, so I think it's okay. I hope it's okay."

I stand still the rain coming a little harder down now but still not much since the trees. I watch as he rambles on about the trees and where people should park, he talks about how there's going to be lots of fairy lights so I feel safe.

"Carlo." I deadpan making him stop pacing back and forth and look at me concerned.

"Are you okay?" He asks, walking up to me and places the back of his hand against my forehead.

I move his hand out of the way and place my hands on the sides of his face. I press my lips against his, he returns the kiss immediately and wraps his arms around my waist. Carlo licks my bottom lip before pushing it into my mouth, he picks me up and walks me over to the car.

I feel myself being pushed up against one of the doors and one of his legs goes between mine. Carlo's hands move down to my ass and squeezes it harshly making me move forward a little and try to close my legs.

"Nope." He mutters against my lips before claiming them again and squeezing my ass once more but this time he uses his grip to move me forward and press me down onto his thigh, pulling me back towards the car so I grind down on his thigh. I moan against his lips from the pressure on my heat.

"C-Carlo" I stutter as he does it again. In response he kisses me more roughly and continues to grind me on his thigh.

He pulls away and quickly opens my side of the car door and pushes me softly into the car, he frustratedly tries to put my seat belt on. Once he gets it clicked in he pulls back a little and kisses me harshly.

Pulling away he slams my door and storms over to his side, he closes the door and starts the car resting his arm on the back of my chair so he can look behind him and reverse.

"Where are we going?" I question, still flustered.

He looks at me briefly before turning back to the road. "I'm going to fuck your senseless." His tone is serious and it makes me chuckle slightly.

Well fuck.