Chapter 27

CARLO'S POV:

My mom is one of the strongest women I know and one of the prettiest. Day in and day out she watches the man that is supposed to be her husband walk out of the front door knowing he will fuck any girl he can lay a hand on.

She helps around the house because she doesn't like that the maids have to do everything for her. She makes sure that Isabella and I don't use them to our advantage.

Hence why I am in the kitchen washing the dishes whilst she mops the floor. She gave everyone the rest of the day off.

My mother's name is Rose. My hand tattoo for her was one of my first ones I got. "We're going to Italy in a few weeks" My mother speaks up.

I turn my head to look at. "Why?"

"Tobias and Lexi had a kid six months ago. We still haven't met the baby."

Tobias is my mom's older brother and Lexi is his wife.

"Are we bringing Adelaide?" I question.

"Well we aren't going to leave her here alone." Mom rolls her eyes.

"Is Rico going?" I spit out.

"No. He has something to do, he said." Her voice cracks and I dry my hands quickly before pulling her into a hug.

This is why she's one of the strongest women in my life, I know why she stays with Rico but I would kill him any day.

I hug her close as she takes deep breaths to compose herself. She lifts her head up when we hear footsteps walking towards the kitchen. I keep my arms around her and turn to see Adelaide in a fluffy grey hoodie blanket.

The hood is over her head and the rest swallows her up, the bottom reaches just under her knees and her eyes are bloodshot.

She falls to her knees and the blanket surrounds her making it look like she doesn't have legs, she leans forward and rests her head on the floor and cries.

I look down at my mom and she looks back at me confused.

"Amore, are you okay?" I ask, walking towards her. She shakes her head and looks at my mom behind me.

"Did you watch the movie too?" Adelaide cries more.

"What movie?" I ask, kneeling down next to her.

"Harry Potter!" She exclaims, "Dobby fucking died!"

"The house elf?" I deadpan, listening to my mom laugh behind me.

Adelaide glares at me. "Yes Carlo! The fucking house elf. Fucking Bellatrix killed him" She picks herself up off of the floor and walks to mom giving her a hug.

I look down and see Adelaide on her tiptoes so she can reach. I chuckle and she quickly turns around flipping me off. I laugh out loud and mom looks at me, making me shut up instantly.

I walk over to both of them and wrap my arms around the two, Adelaide wobbles a little and suddenly becomes shorter as she gets off her tiptoes making me laugh a little.

"How about you show him how much the movie hurts?" She asks Adelaide.

"Do you want to join us?" Adelaide asks, sniffing slightly.

"I'm going to have an early night. I'll see you tomorrow."

Adelaide nods her head and walks with her head down, taking my hand in hers and dragging me up the stairs like a child.

I quickly blow a kiss to my mom and trail after Adelaide. We walk into her room and I look at the opened curtain and the balcony that has candles all over it.

Her bed is messy from where she must've thrown the cover off herself. Her new laptop is set in the middle of the bed and hundreds of cushions surround the top of the bed.

On the right side Izzy is sleeping, curled into a ball.

Adelaide climbs into the bed and moves Izzy a little, carefully and moves some pillows making space for me.

"Can you lock the door?" Adelaide whispers.

I lock the door and climb into her bed next to her. I watch as she snuggles down into the cushions almost disappearing and pulls a blanket up around her legs.

Chuckling, I pull some of the blanket over me and bring the laptop in front of us pressing play.

"No! We have to watch the from the beginning!" She whisper shouts.

"Why?" I question.

"So you understand the pain I feel right now. And you can't just start in the middle of an order. What's wrong with you?"

Adelaide puts the first movie on and watches the movie carefully. The light from the screen lighting up her face.

"Were you going to kill him today?"

Adelaide looks over at me and sniffs. "No. I wanted him to feel the pain I've been feeling before he does. It's not fair if he just dies."

You are another strong lady in my life Adelaide Amore Rivera.

I kiss her nose and watch the movie with her. Adelaide pulls something out of the hoodie and I turn my head to see her still wearing the chain with my snake ring on it.

"I want that ring back, you know?" I joke.

Adelaide snaps her head to me and shakes her head no. "Mine" she clutches it closer to her.

"I'm joking. It's yours" I look back at the laptop.

"It was mine the second you gave it to me idiot" Adelaide deadpans.

I roll my eyes and suddenly feel a sudden want to hold her. I look down at her hands and take one in mine, she instantly tenses up and I can feel her hands start to shake a little.

"I'm not going to hurt you Amore" I whisper, I interlock our fingers and slowly stroking the back of her hand with mine.

Eventually she settles down and we watch the movie in peace.