Chapter 16

"Oh, Adelaide" Rose sobs as she closes the door to the kitchen.

I look at her confused as she puts her hand over her mouth to cover the sounds. We're the only ones in the kitchen at the moment.

Do you ever see someone cry and not know what to do? This is me... right now.

Do I get her water?

Do I pat her back?

"There there" I whisper, patting her shoulder.

She sobs harder and I take a step back.

Bad idea. ABORT!

Rose pulls me into a very strong hug and sobs into my shoulder. "I'm so sorry"

From the contact I immediately freeze up. "Why are you sorry?" I say with a shaky voice as I close my eyes trying to get into my brain that I'm not going to be hurt.

"You- you told me everything when you were drunk" Rose sobs harder and pulls away from me.

I look at her with my face emotionless. "What do you mean?"

"The rape" I shudder at her saying that "Your mom-" She goes to continue but I slowly shake my head no. "I'm so sorry" Rose collapses into a chair and stays staring at me.

I sit next to her and fiddle with my hands. "I'm sorry" I whisper. "Are you-" I take a deep breath. "Are you disgusted with me?"

"God no" She gasps, taking her hand in mine.

I look into her teary eyes and feel bad. I shouldn't have made her feel like this.... it was my fault anyway.

"It- it was my fault anyways" I shrug. "The...um.. the first time, I left the bathroom door unlocked"

****

Flashback-

The shampoo goes into my eyes and I quickly cup my hands and splash water onto my face.

The door creaks open and I turn around, the steam has clouded the shower door so I can only see a shadow.

I turn the water off and try to grab my towel, only for a hand to grab mine and pull me from the shower.

I come face to face with my father and I freeze, not knowing what to do.

His eyes hungrily look me up and down and he drags me into my bedroom locking the door.

"Get on the bed" He shouts, I can smell the alcohol in his breath.

I shake my head and try to cover myself. A loud smack echoes the room as he punches me, resulting in me falling on the floor.

His hand grabs my hair, yanking me up. "You will do as I say" He punches me multiple times, and eventually he stops.

Everything is blurry and I feel numb, but one feeling I can feel is something moving in and out of me. Producing excruciating pain throughout my lower half.

Until... eventually.... darkness.

End of flashback.