Chapter 69

"Are you comfortable?" Carlo rushes out in one breath counting every pillow and blanket.

"Carlo." I stare at him from the middle of the bed where I'm sitting.

He ignores me and runs out of the room.

Yes I mean runs, Usain Bolt style.

When he gets back he has movies, books, water bottles, and more blankets.

"Carlo." I shout, I finally get his attention.

"Are you okay?" His face morphs into one of worry as he drops everything on the floor and comes to my side.

The back of one of his hands presses against my forehead. "Carlo." I deadpan and slap his hand away. "Stop fucking touching my forehead. Have you got a fetish or something?"

He rolls his eyes and picks up the stuff he threw on the floor.

"Im feeling better Carlo. I don't need to be forced into bed." I try to reason.

"You threw up at two this morning." He pushes me back against the bed with one hand so my back hits the pillows he's propped up against the headboard.

He wraps a fluffy blanket around my lap and puts a bottle of water on my lap.

"Yes, but have I thrown up since then?" I question, knowing full well I haven't.

"No." He nervously bites his nails as he stares down at me from the end of the bed looking at everything that's surrounding me.

"Exactly." I go to get out of bed but he pushes me back down.

"I will tie you to the bed Adelaide. Don't fucking move." He grits out.

I raise my eyebrows at him and stretch my legs out, "You say that like it's a bad thing." I mumble.

Carlo bites the inside of his cheek to stop himself from smiling. He takes his shirt off so he's just in his sweatpants. He climbs up the bed and spreads my legs, slotting himself in the middle of them. His back resting against my front and his head at my stomach.

"If you're going to throw up, let me know so you don't do it on my head." He warns turning on the TV.

I roll my eyes and move down a little more so I'm comfortable, he takes my hands and puts them in his hair.

Distracting myself, I start to braid his hair as he puts a movie on. His head leans back a little into my touch and I have to move his head back forward again so it doesn't mess up my braid.

****

Running down the hallway I take a left corner and hide as well as I can behind a vending machine.

"ADELAIDE MOTHER FUCKING RIVERA KNIGHT!" Carlo's shouting booms around the hallway obviously not caring if he wakes anyone up.

It's now ten at night and we are both currently on the fifth floor because I decided to get out of the penthouse.

I like staying in bed, don't get me wrong, but force me to do it and make it your idea. I won't like it.

Carlo walks past the vending machine I'm hiding behind and I wait a few minutes before climbing out from behind.

Looking around I notice he's not there and walk down the corridor.

"Adelaide, get your cute ass here right now!" Shouting booms from behind me.

I start running again. "Adelaide's not in at the moment please leave your message after the beep!" I shout through laughter as I try to run faster.

I get closer to the elevator and just before the doors close I slide in on my socks. I slam into the wall of the elevator as the doors close.

"Ouch." I mumble rubbing my forehead and pressing the button of the elevator up to our floor. The elevator rings and I run back to where we're staying. I jump onto the couch out of breath and pick up a book quickly, I wrap the blanket around me and pretend to read.

The door slams open and Carlo glares at me.

"Hey baby." I wave when I look up at him still out of breath. "Have a nice run?"

He rolls his eyes and closes the door walking over to me, "You're so annoying." He kisses my forehead and collapses on the couch.

"I have a stitch." He holds his side.

I laugh and kiss where he's holding, "Better?"

He points to his nose and I kiss there. He points to his head and I kiss there. He points to his lips and I kiss there.

"Better now?"

He closes his eyes. "Yes, thank you."

****

"What would we name our kids if we have any?" Carlo asks out of the blue as we lay on the floor of the balcony looking up at the stars.

I turn my head and stare at him like he's an idiot. "Do you want kids?"

He looks at me and nods his head. "Do you?"

I laugh out of nervousness. "I'd be a horrible mom." I look back up at the stars. "And I mean a shitty, horrible mom."

"No you wouldn't."

"What if I beat it? Or drop it? You know they say that if you have at least one horrible parent that you'll probably reflect them." I huff.

"You won't do that though." Carlo tries to reason. "You're okay with Izzy, Ricardo and Nicola."

I feel my eyes tear up as I stare at the sky,

You'd be just like Santiago.

You'll probably kill the child.

"I saw you with Ricardo, Adelaide. You'd be a great mom."

I look at Carlo. "Azire." I look back up to the sky. "For a boy."

I see Carlo smile slightly from the corner of my eye. "Will his middle name be Amore?" He asks.

"It's a tradition for the girls to have that name." I mumble.

"Okay." He hums in thought. "What about Amari? It means eternal."

"Azire Amari Knight." I try it out.

"Azire Amari Rivera Knight." Carlo corrects.

"Chiara is a pretty name." Carlo mumbles. "Chiara Amore Rivera Knight."

( Azire = Az - Ire.
Chiara = Ky - ar - ra)

I nod my head. "I like that."

"Or we could name her Sienna." He shrugs.

I turn to look at him. "I like Chiara."

He smiles a little and we continue talking about baby names, Carlo gets excited with a few names and I smile at how happy he is about thinking about having children with me.

But I can't help but worry if I can't have kids, or if I can what if I fuck up and drop it...

I mean the child.

I have to stop calling children IT like it's fucking Pennywise, but Bill Skarsgård though.

Damn.

I'm going to be a shit mom.

If I can't have children will Carlo leave?

I look over at Carlo who is still going on about children's names with a smile as he stares up at the stars.

He'd be so disappointed.

What if we do manage to have kids and I can't look after the kid?

I sigh and look back up at the stars.

I'm scared.