Chapter 65

ADELAIDE'S POV:

I've become quite used to lying lately. It's nothing I'm proud of but also not something I care to stop. Lying, or at least avoiding the truth, is easier than actually explaining what's going on.

I lie about my scars, I lie about why I stay in the shower on my own for hours, I lie about if I have razors hidden, I lie about my stash of screwdrivers I use on sharpeners, and the lies keep going on and on.

But I believe the biggest lies I've ever told anyone is probably this one girl. I fool her into thinking I'll stop being so hard on her, making her believe that I'm okay and that everything is or will be fine.

So I apologise to her every time I look in the mirror.

"Are you okay in there?" A knock bangs on the bathroom door that's in the plane.

"Yeah." I reply, whilst washing my hands and looking in the mirror.

When I walk out Izzy is asleep next to Rose and Carlo is slouching in his chair typing away on his phone. I walk over next to him and sit down, he looks up at me and holds onto my hand. I hold it back and curl up into a ball, "You sure you're okay?"

"I'm okay." I give him a small smile. He tilts his head to the side letting me know he doesn't believe me.

I wrap a blanket around me and lay my head on the arm rest, looking out of the window. Carlo tightens his hand around mine and interlocks our fingers together before starting to type again.

Closing my eyes I listen to the rumble of the plane and become calm.

---------
CARLO'S POV:

When I hear Adelaide's light breaths I look over at her and see she's sleeping. Letting go of her hand I move one of my hands to her waist whilst the other lifts her head up slightly. I lean over and pick her up bringing her closer to me, I spread her legs so they wrap around my waist. Her arms fall limp at my sides, whilst I move my hands down to just under her ass.

She moves her face into my neck and lets out a long sigh.

"I know you're not okay, baby." I mumbles into her ear as I rest my head on top of hers."I know you haven't been okay for a long time. But I want you to know I'm going to keep you safe. Even if it means keeping you safe from yourself."

Adelaide shuffles in my lap and grips the sides of my shirt bringing herself closer, she moves her face closer to my neck too and her lips brush against my pulse and stay there. She sighs again before getting comfortable, I hold her insanely close to me and move a little down in my seat bringing her with me before closing my eyes and trying to sleep as well.

Adelaide has been having a lot of naps lately, or just closing her eyes every now and again. She's draining herself out and I don't know how to help her.

What do you do to help someone who is in a mental battle with themselves?

That question has the most scariest answer.

You can do nothing but watch.

So I don't know how I'm going to be able to sit and watch her destroy herself ever so painfully slow.

****
------

ADELAIDE'S POV:

"IN NEW YORK!!!" Izzy and I scream at the top of our lungs in front of the jet waiting for our cars to get here.

"CONCRETE JUNGLE WET DREAM TOMATO!!" I scream at the same time Izzy screams,

"CONCRETE JUNGLE WHERE DREAMS ARE MADE OF!!"