Chapter 76

Life is a beautiful lie that everyone chooses to live and believe, and death is that evil truth that people refuse to accept. Death is the only truth in this world, and people live their lives, believing and relying on the concept of life. So much so, that they completely forget the raw truth of death: it comes to everyone.

Coughing up my own blood I feel the tears run down my cheeks. "S-stop." I plead. Another punch to my stomach and then a few more from other people around my whole body.

"That's enough." A voice from the shadows of this old cell shouts loud enough to get everyone's attention.

"You think?" I croak out feeling my blood dribble down my chin. "I could've guessed that myself."

A stinging sensation surrounds my whole left face as one of the guys in front of me slaps me. Almost as if a ricocheted effect he gets shot from the guy in the shadow. My arms grow tired as they're tied above my head in the middle of the cell and I'm left hanging, my tiptoes barely holding me.

"Who even are you?" I question.

"Ouch." He chuckles stepping into the light so I can see a little better. I take over his features as he walks closer. "I thought you'd remember me."

I stare a little longer as he comes into my personal space, my eyes widen in realisation and he gasps mockingly. "She remembers."

****

Start flashback: (from chapter 37)

A slowed song starts to play and I feel a hand grab mine. I look at who grabbed me and it's a guy with dirty blonde hair and dark brown eyes.

He pulls me into him and I tense up. He whisper shouts his name into my ear because of the loud music.

Another flashback: (chapter 42)

"Hey." A voice sounds from behind me.

I look to my side and up to see a familiar face. "Hello."

"Adelaide right?" He questions.

End of flashbacks:

****

"Rye. Right?" I mumble.

He smiles a sinister smile and tilts his head to the side. "The one and only." He laughs, holding his arms out and spinning to show me his full body.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because you are mine." He sounds as if he's trying not to shout.

"We've met twice." I deadpan, earning a punch to my stomach.

"You can stop now." I wheeze, coughing up blood once more. He punches my jaw and my face gets knocked to the side.

"You have a very strange possession, sir." I antagonise. "You know I'm married right?"

He stops and looks at my hands that are tied up. "You didn't have a ring on when we got you."

I smile a little at that answer.

"You can stay down here for a few days until you're ready for what I have planned." Rye walks out of the cell leaving me with one dead body and five grown men staring at me like I'm a toy. "No sex!" Rye shouts.

A few of the men groan but deal with it.

The only light bulb in the room flickers and I feel tired quickly. The men start to punch and kick at me up until I just hang there feeling numb letting them release their anger.

Please help me.

It's been a while since I've been through this.
Blood trickles down my nose and mouth and I spit it away. The flashbacks of Santiago and everyone that has hurt me flicker in my mind.

I feel numb almost by what they're doing and I know that even if I do get out of this.... It's going to take me a while to come back to normal.

Another punch to my stomach. I feel like crying as they punch everywhere but my mind only focuses on my stomach.

I should've looked at the tests. At least I know that if they kill me I'm not alone.

They say a glow stick has to break, before it glows. But how many times does it have to break? Last time i checked it was only once. What a silly metaphor, glow sticks lose their glow anyways. Just like I lost mine.

Just like I lost mine before.... I'm going to lose it again.

My head swings to the side and I don't even spit out the blood drooling out of my mouth as my ears ring and my vision blurs.

"Carlo." A sob out a whisper as everything goes black and I'm left hanging by my wrists and my blood pooling out of my nose and mouth.

I guess Santiago was right,

I will always be alone.

I, Adelaide Amore Rivera Knight will always be alone.

The end