Chapter 33

"This is Giovanni Knight, my grandpa, and this is Alessia Knight, my grandma." Carlo introduces. "This is Adelaide, my-" He trails off. "Just mine." He shrugs after a while.

I look at him weirdly as Alessia smirks at the both of us and Giovanni shakes his head.

"Ciao." I wave shyly

I'm shit at meeting new people.

Alessia engulfs me into a hug and I freeze.

Why do you always do this Adelaide? It's getting old.

I zone out momentarily until Carlo's warm hand finds mine and squeezes it lightly. I take my hand out of his and hug Alessia back. "It's nice to finally meet you." She whispers into my ear before pulling away.

Giovanni shakes my hand formally. "Let's go into the living room."

We follow after him and I sit next to Carlo. They all catch up whilst I go in and out of daydreaming. Watching as I fiddle with the ring on my chain.

"Adelaide, Carlo has told me you like to race." Giovanni speaks up.

I look up and look at Giovanni. "Yeah. Kind of."

"There is a race tonight, if you want we can go. I'll be in the car with you if you would like?"

Now I'm intrigued. I look at Carlo and he smiles at me when he notices my excitement. "Yeah that would be fun." I smile.

Giovanni and I start to talk about cars and motorbikes. Carlo and Alessia leave the room and it's just the two of us talking.

****

"Gio!!" Lexi screams running towards where he is sitting.

Giovanni and I spoke about cars and motorbikes for a whole hour and then spoke about random things for 30 minutes until everyone arrived.

Giovanni rolls his eyes and holds a hand out making Lexi stop in front of him. "Don't touch me." He stands up and comes to sit next to me.

Carlo walks into the room and stops when he sees who I'm sitting next to. "Why does everyone have to sit next to you?!" He throws his arms in the air.

He takes a few big steps before squeezing himself in between Giovanni and I.

"No Carlo you're acting like Nicola!" Giovanni shouts, as he gets tilted to the side by Carlo.

"Don't fucking compare me to that shit head!" Carlo points at him.

"Don't talk about my son like that!" Lexi stomps her foot.

"Shut up." Carlo silences her.

"What car do you want to take?" Giovanni asks me. I furrow my eyebrows and he shows me the security camera of the garage on his phone. The whole room is filled with cars and in the back are motorbikes.

"What car are we racing?" I question, taking his phone off him and zooming in on different cars.

"You can race?" Lexi scoffs.

"This is the Mafia, darling. Keep up." I deadpan.

Carlo takes a gun out and points it at her. "If you say one more word to her I will put a bullet through your fucking head. Va bene?" (Alright)

Lexi runs out of the room, tears streaming down her face and Carlo chuckles lightly to himself.

"We're racing a Lamborghini Huracan EVO."

I nod my head and pass him his phone back. "Can we go look at them?"

Giovanni smiles widely at me and nods his head. I stand up and get ready to leave until Carlo grabs my hand. "Stop leaving me."