Chapter 39

(Start song)

Dear Journal,

When I was younger my mother would read me a book called 'Pride and Prejudice' I became so emotionally attached to it that I would wrap the curtain around me like a dress and dance.

I would twirl and twirl and pretend I was Elizabeth Bennet dancing with my very own Mr Darcy.

Then my mother would talk about the Titanic and how a man named Jack Dawson and a lady named Rose DeWitt Bukater fell in love.

The poor and the rich.

I won't get into how I hate Rose for letting go and stealing the door to herself. I'm pretty sure they could've took turns or done something else.

There definitely was enough room. It was a big ass door.

Anyways. I have come to realise that nearly everyone wants to have that kind of love. I've decided I don't want that type of love.

I don't want a love that has already been written down and set in stone. I want to find a peculiar love, or maybe even a love where it is built up of every love book and movie. But I just put a different meaning to it.

I want to be able to create my own love. You know...

Put my own meaning to the word.

Amore, xx

"Baby!" Carlo runs into my room out of breath. "It's raining, come on." He runs into my closet and comes out with a pair of grey sweatpants and a grey hoodie with a pair of sneakers.

"On." He orders and walks out of my room.

I start to get dressed without questioning it, i look out the window and it is indeed raining heavily.

Carlo runs back in and throws me over his shoulder and runs down the stairs and out of the house into the middle of the road where it is empty.

"Carlo what are you doing?" I question as I get immediately soaked in water.

"My mom was watching this show. I can't remember what it's called but they were dancing in the rain and I want to do that with you." He grins cheekily.

I laugh and shake my head pushing my hair out of my face. Carlo smiles down at me as the water falls down his face.

I walk further down the road and lay down on the floor letting the rain fall down on me.

----
CARLO'S POV:

I'm going to tell her.

I'm going to tell her I love her.

Because I really do.

I love the way her contagious laugh echoes around any room.

I love the way the constellation of freckles decorate her cute nose.

I love the way her lips look and feel so soft and fragile.

I love the way her beautiful hair slips gently over her eyes.

I love the way her glaucous eyes shine when she looks at me or anything she finds interest in.

I love how whenever she is asleep she always holds onto my hand or my arm.

I just....
I just love her.

Adelaide stands up and tilts her head back with her arms spread wide and her tongue sticking out.

I can see the little red shade on her nose from the cold as she laughs a little and closes her eyes with her tongue sticking out.

I get the sudden urge to kiss her. She just looks so angelic in the moonlight. My angel.

Mine.

I walk up to her silently and tower over her a little with my hand on her chin. She tucks her tongue back in and her round eyes stare into mine. I kiss her slowly and she kisses me back and her hands scrunch up the front of my shirt as I cup her face and step closer to her.

I pull her into me until there is no more room for her to go. I won't let this angel go. She opens her eyes slowly as I pull away and smile lightly,

"What are you doing to me, Amore?" I whisper, placing my hand on the side of her face and using my thumb to stroke her cheek.

"You make me fall further and further in love with you each day. It scares me, but when I'm with you all that fear disappears" Her breathing hitches and I smile, a proper smile. "I don't know what I'd do without you, baby. I-" I take a deep breath. "I love you."

We stay staring into each other's eyes. My thumb still circling her cheek. "I love you, Carlo" She whispers, after what seems forever.

My thumb stops moving and I look deeper into her eyes to see if she's messing around... but I don't see a lie.

"You- really?" I question.

She nods with a smile "Yeah, yeah I do"

I smile once more and I realise I've never smiled as much as I have with this girl. I pick her up and she wraps her legs around my waist and she brings her arms around my neck.

I place my hands gently under her to keep her balanced. I place our lips together, this kiss being more quicker from the new found emotion.

What is she doing to me?

She bites my lip softly and pulls it before letting go, I let out a low groan at the feeling and watch as she pants. I put her down gently and press my forehead against hers.

"Don't do that." I warned breathlessly.

"What? This." She presses her lips to mine and does it again.

I close my eyes as she laughs. When I open my eyes she stares up at me. I press my lips to hers forcefully and she steps back from the power.

I pull back and smile down at her as her cheeks tint red. Her jaw starts to chatter and I remember that we are outside in the rain.

"Come on." I laugh and take her hand in mine.

We run inside laughing and walk up the stairs. I grab some clothes from my room and head across to her room whilst taking my wet shirt off.

------------------------