Chapter 9

I got to my class early like I always did and waited for the rest of the class to show up. I played with the lid of my coffee and opened up my email on my MacBook. It was mostly junk other than my newspaper articles and emails from my professors. Before I knew it, the class was starting.

Paying attention was harder than usual considering the way I woke up. My mind kept wandering to the dream. I drained my coffee cup and say a notification pop up on my Mac. It was Marc iMessaging me.

*Thursday. Second interview with Styles, need you for assistance.*

My eyes widened. I tried to keep my composure in the small school desk. I felt like I was going to explode. What was happening to me? I had a couple sex dreams and it felt like I was a 16 year old boy with raging hormones. I looked around to make sure I wasn’t sending out weird sex vibes. Was that even a thing? I didn’t know.

*Sure.*

Before I thought I was going to jump from my chair, our professor dismissed us and I flew from the room. I ran outside to get some air and clear my head and almost plowed over a group of girls.

“S-sorry.”

I sat down on the bench and put my head in my hands. I jumped when my phone starting vibrating in my bag. I was destined for a heart attack at 21. It was Marc.

“H-hey Marc. What’s up?”

“It’s Maddy, actually. Did you get the email about Thursday?”

“Yea, I’ll be there.”

“Cool. I’ll send the details. See you then.”

She hung up and I needed to focus. Ok, this wasn’t a big deal. Harry Styles has an insane amount of girls around him constantly, all of which are probably models. I was a faceless girl in a sea of all the other inflamed loins. Sure, we made eye contact but when guys look at me I feel as if they don’t actually see me. Sure, sometimes I think I am attractive but I don’t turn heads and I don’t break hearts and I am ok with that. I have the best internship with the best entertainment journalism company in New York City and I needed to keep it professional and not let anything or anyone distract me. I took a deep breath and felt better after my personal pep talk.