Chapter 110

I found myself in and out of sleep the next few days orchestrated by Laurie and my mother. She would bring me my medicine and food that I left untouched. She urged me to eat because of the medication but I didn't care. I wanted the pain killers to keep me asleep for right now. On the fourth of fifth day of straight sleep, I heard a tiny knock on my door.

"Mother, I'm not hungry. Please, just stop with the food. It makes me nauseous."

"Rowan, I'm not going to make you eat anything. Your dad will be soon for your check up and when I tell him you aren't eating, he's going to be angry."

I begged my dad to come check on me so I wouldn't have to leave the house. He finally obliged when I told him I had cameras outside and no security to get safely to the car. He wanted me to come or go to an actual hospital but I refused. I was never this stubborn but nothing made any sense right now so I stood my ground like a three year old: whining and complaining. I turned my pillow over to the cooler side. Another gross side effect other than the nightmares and nauseous was the sweating. I laid my head back down and closed my eyes. A few hours later, I heard another soft knocking. It was Laurie and my dad.

"Hey, sweetie. How are we feeling today?"

"Like shit, father."

I covered my eyes when he flipped on the light switch. After taking my blood pressure and temperature, he took a step back and looked at my bruises and cuts. "Well, the bruising is better. They are slowly going away. Let's see those ribs." He slowly lifted my shirt to expose my broken ribs. "Looks better too. Remember deep breathes so you aren't restricting anything. It'll feel good too." I nodded and watched my dad take my wrist into his hand. "Slowly healing but getting there. Remember to move it and stretch like I said." I nodded again as he let go of my wrist. "Your pupils are small which means you are still taking the medication. Have you been eating?"

"Dad, I get sick as soon as I eat something. The only thing I can keep down is water and maybe juice."

"Ok, you need to take a multivitamin. Your body needs the nutrients to heal faster. I'll leave some with Laurie. You don't want to stay in this bed forever, do you?"

I looked at him and actually considered answering truthfully which was yes but I refrained and shook my head.

"Good, well everything else looks fine. Laurie told me while you were in Ireland you would get dizzy spells before the accident so I sent some of your blood out for bloodwork to see if there's anything else we need to worry about."

I told Laurie that? I don't remember telling anyone that. I must have if she knew. "Ok, thanks. Love you, dad."

"Honey, your mom and I need to talk to you before we leave."

Great. I was waiting for the reprimanding from them. I knew this was coming. My mother thankfully let me be all week but I knew this was coming. I closed my eyes as I heard my mother join him on the side of my bed.

"Honey, we want you to come home," I heard her say.