Chapter 139

The ride to the airport was quiet. Marsh and Harry were settled in the front and Laurie and I in the backseat.

"Damn, Row, this is what you get to drive around in all the time?"

"Not all the time...sometimes it's a Range Rover or an Audi."

Laurie looked over at me and shot me a look but started laughing. "Oh, the Audi."

I started laughing then looked out the window. New York was flying by at a rapid pace and I felt like I was leaving a lover behind. I knew I would be back but it was still hard to leave it. The JFK airport was in full view now and police and airport security were surrounding the car now. Laurie's eyes got wide when she realized it was for us. I smiled then laughed at her reaction.

I took a deep breath and looked at the back of Harry's head. He was softly talking to Marsh and I couldn't help but smile. I was thankful for the things I had in my life but I was scared. Scared of what life had in store for me. Scared that Harry and I would drift apart from the distance. Scared I wouldn't be able to do my job right. I pushed the thoughts from my head as the car slowed.

The sun was just starting to rise as the private plane came into view. It was sleek and white and had lights lining the stairs. I saw Marc and George getting out of their car and grabbing their carry-ons.

"Uh, are they ok with me coming along?"

"You're my hair and makeup artist for the Billboard Awards and moral support."

Laurie gave me a look and started laughing. "Good call, good call."

We both got out of the car and watched as airport workers grabbed our bags and moved them onto the plane. I watched as Harry answered a phone call and the rising sun was glittering across the runway. The light caught on Harry's necklace and the light reflected, causing me to squint. He looked like some kind of angel. It was silly to say but that's what I felt.

I wrapped my arms around myself as the wind picked up from the air racing around the runway. I saw Harry walking towards me and my heart was racing. His presence around me never got old.

"Love."

"Harry."

"I have to get going now. I have my own plane to catch back home. I have some family things I need to take care of."

"Wait, Harry. I got you something."

His face watched me as I opened up my bag and pulled out a tiny box and handed it to him.

"Love, what is this?"

"Just open it."

I watched as his long fingers opened the box and pulled out the long, silver chain with a small paper airplane dangling from it. His eyes slanted as he took in what it was.

"Rowan, this is the same kind of necklace-"

"Yes, I know but I figure it represents us better anyways. We are constantly flying to and from each other...you don't need to wear it if you want. I just figured-"

Harry embraced me and his lips attached to mine. The wind was whipping my hair back and forth around us and I felt like I was in some kind of movie that was ending.

But it wasn't ending. It was just the beginning.