Chapter 137

After putting ourselves back together, I followed Harry out of the mini apartment mansion in the Upper East Side. I looked around the quiet block and realized that not a soul knew the dirty things that just occurred a few feet from them. It sent tingles up and down my spine knowing that Harry was all mine again.

I watched as Harry walked over the passenger side door of a black range rover. I eyed the car up and down as I hopped inside. It smelled brand new but I am sure Harry made sure it was always picture perfect. Harry jumped in the other side and I was thankful no cameras were around to catch my freshly glowing face. Harry caught my eye and we both started laughing.

"Harry, this car...its beautiful."

"Want one?"

I looked over at Harry and rolled my eyes because I knew all I had to do was ask and it would be mine. The city light danced across my black tinted window and I started feeling a little nostalgic. This city was my home for almost five years and now I had to pack it all up and move across the country. I laid my head in my hand and closed my eyes. I hated to admit that I was a little scared because usually nothing scared me.

"Love?" I felt Harry's hand reach across and lay on my thigh. "Are you alright?"

Out of nowhere, I felt tears rush into my eyes.

"I-I'm ok...just going to miss the city and being here in it with you."

"Have you ever been to LA?"

I nodded. "A few times, with my parents."

"Love, LA is a wonderful city and you are going to love it. Besides, I will be there with you too."

I looked over at Harry and waited to keep crying but decided to wipe my tears and realize how insanely lucky I am.

"Can you help me pack and maybe stay tonight?"

Harry nodded and reached for my hand. We spent the rest of the drive in silence but I didn't mind. The city was alive with people and noises as we got closer to my apartment. I realized I had yet to tell Laurie. Harry was the only person who knew. I felt a little nervous walking inside with this news and also Harry. I heard people yelling behind us as I grabbed my keys and pushed back the front door.

"Do you have some kind of GPS on you that paparazzi know where you are at all times of the day and night?" I asked Harry, quickly shutting the door.

"Yes. Twitter."

"Oh. Right." I started laughing.

When we got inside, it was quiet but a few lights were on. I put my bag down on the kitchen island and heard Laurie's bedroom door open. She came out slowly and had dark makeup smeared under her eyes.

"Oh my God, Laurie," I said, running over to her. "What happened? What's wrong?"

"He-he Alec...he, he broke up with me..."

My heart sank for Laurie. "Oh my God, why?"

Laurie's eyes shone with tears again. It was strange seeing her so upset. Laurie was tough and hardly ever cried. It broke my heart to see her this shattered. She wiped her tears away and took a deep breathe before explaining.

"He said we wanted different things or some stupid shit. He asked me to move in with him and I said no because we needed more time to figure out if we were a good fit. Like you two. Hi, Harry. I was wondering when I would see you again," she said, looking over my shoulder. Harry returned the hello with a small wave.

"God, we were doing so well. He was the longest dude I've ever been with and he waited the longest for me to actually sleep with him. I really love him too but I can't make a commitment like that right away, ya know? I need my career to take off then maybe I would consider it."

I nodded, understanding where she was coming from. I tried not to make any eye contact with Harry considering what just took place a little less than an hour ago. I agreed to move in with him when I returned to LA and that was something I couldn't tell Laurie just yet. Guilt rushed over me knowing that I was going to leave Laurie in less than 24 hours. Then a thought crashed into my head and out of my mouth.

"Come to LA with me."

Laurie looked up at me with her big brown eyes and looked over at Harry.

"Why are you taking her to LA?"She asked Harry, in an anger tone. 

"No, no, Laurie, listen, I got a promotion today and I have to leave for LA in the morning. Come with me."

Laurie looked from me to Harry then back at me again. Her face was softening. 

"Listen, it's not permanent but pack like a month's worth of clothes and just come with me. When you get homesick or over LA, then just come back. Our apartment will still be here."

"Rowan, I-I can't afford that. I don't even have money for a plane ticket on top of a month of rent and on top of living expenses out there..."

"I'll take care of it," I heard Harry say quietly over my shoulder. "Please, it's the least I can do after what happened in Ireland."

We both looked at Harry.

"Harry, its fine. I can call my parents," I said, looking at him.

"No, let me take care of this. Laurie has been there for you when I wasn't and should have been. She deserves this trip with you."

"Wow...I punch you and in exchange you pay my bills. I like the tradeoff actually."

The three of us starting laughing. Laurie jumped up and ran into her room. "Come on Rowan! We got a plane to catch!"

I smiled and looked over at Harry. "Are you sure?"

"Rowan, love, don't ask me again."

"Fine, fine. Thank you then," I said, standing and putting my arms around Harry's stomach and pressing my cheek to his chest.

"Of course," he said, leaning down and kissing me on my forehead.

"ROWAN! PACK!" I heard Laurie screaming from her bedroom.

I looked at Harry and started laughing again as I headed into my bedroom and starting packing for the trip to LA.

(YESSSSSS! Comment and vote my loves!)