Chapter 122

I woke up the next morning better than I had yesterday. But I felt an ache in my heart when I realized I was dreaming about Harry. I couldn't remember too much from it but I remember his green eyes looking at me and his scent around me. Was it possible to smell in dreams? I checked my phone to see if maybe he had called during the night but my screen was blank. Yes, I was secretly hoping that what he said to me was joke and that we could be together again but I wouldn't admit that to anyone. I pushed the longing to see him from my mind when I remembered the shitty things he said to me 48 hours ago. The longing turned to anger as I got out of bed.

I got ready for work and opted for something a little more causal today. I slipped on my tight blue jeans, tucked in a white button down, and paired it with beige flats. I decided to curl my hair today and it actually came out looking normal. I was impressed with how far I had come from my usual ballerina bun.

I grabbed my bag and coffee and was through the back doors of work right on time. I peeked through the front doors and saw a few paparazzi and fought the urge to give them all the middle finger for sneaking past them through the back.

"Hey, Row. How do you always look so perfect, like every day?"

I turned to see Maddy walking up to me. "Uh, are you kidding me? Maddy you always look amazing," I said to her, looking her up and down. Today she had on a white and turquoise dress and high heels adored with gold jewelry.

"Yea, I do, don't I?" She said, smirked and pulling on the sides of her dress.

"So, how many people applied for the LA spot?"

"A few but honestly they are all boring people. I feel they need someone new and exciting to go to LA," she said, looking at me with a tilt of her head.

"Maddy, you know I can't go. Besides, you'd miss me too much."

"This is true."

"Hey, who is that Graysen guy?" I asked looking down into my bag, pretending I was searching for something.

"Graysen Alden? Oh, he's Marc's nephew. How do you know about him?"

"Uh, he was here last night."

"Here? Like as in this building?"

"Um, yea. I was waiting for a cab and he scared the shit out of me."

"Oh yea, that's right! He must have stopped in to grab some paperwork he needs for his band. We are doing their press work. Their song is all over the radio. Row, you were working on it all yesterday. Remember? Graysen is their guitarist, he was in the saved image file."

I rattled my brain to remember looking at a picture but couldn't place him. "Nope, no idea. I mean, I remember the press stuff but I don't remember seeing him in the pictures."

"Hmm, well speak of the devil," said Maddy, as she looked over my shoulder. I turned and saw Graysen with a few other new guys along with my co-workers heading into the meeting room. Graysen had on beige shorts, a short sleeved red and blue checkered shirt buttoned to the top, and was wearing the same boots from yesterday. I saw that he had tattoos on his legs too. Our eyes locked and he gave me a small smile and a wave. I smiled back and watched as he disappeared into the room.

"Jesus, what is with you and musicians? They are like moths to a flame."

Harry's words echoed in my head. You know now that you don't want to date a musician. I turned my attention back to Maddie. "Very funny and I don't even know the guy and I am not dating anyone again for at least 30 years. After all that shit with Harry, I'm good."

"Yea, that video of you two fighting the other night was intense."

"You watched it??"

"It's kind of hard not to considering its everywhere. You told him off though and you looked gorgeous while doing it. Don't worry about it."