Chapter 131

"Central Park, please," I said to the driver. He took a double take at the two of us but continued driving. We didn't say a word to the other as the driver weaved in and out of traffic. The car slowed in front of the park and I paid the fare as Harry and I got out. Like earlier, no one paid much attention to the celebrity in their midst. I walked up to one of the vendors and got two ice creams and handed one to Harry.

"Here, since I ruined your dinner."

He laughed and took it from my hand. Our fingers brushed the other and I quickly pulled mine back. We slowly walked around the park. The sun was setting and the humidity was gone. I sat down on one of the many benches and Harry joined me.

"That...that was so crazy."

I nodded in agreement as I stared at the sky.

"I mean, imagine if you weren't hiding the bathroom."

"I know. I knew she was crazy but wow. I have to talk to Graysen. He is going to be crushed."

"Wait, why do you have to be the one to tell him? Can't he find out on his own?"

I looked over at Harry and shook my head. "No, silly, I have to tell him. It's the right thing to do. Besides, we are friends."

Harry let out a sigh as I continued to look at him. "What?"

"Nothing, love."

"You are so jealous of Graysen. Its fine but know we are just friends," I said, nudging his shoulder with mine and he started laughing as a smile spread across my face.

"I've missed you so much, Rowan Emerson."

"I missed you too, Harry Styles," I said quietly.

We sat for a little as I rested my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, inhaling all of him. I could stay like this forever. It took all of me not to reach out and touch him more but something inside me was telling me not to. I lifted my head and looked up at him.

"What's the face for, love?"

I shook my head. "Nothing, just wondering if this would ever actually work. Us."

He looked over at me and gave me a confused look. "What do you mean, Rowan?

"Well, we have both been through pretty much hell and back with the other and here we are again...I'm just worried. I think I need a couple days of some quiet to process everything. I want to be with you Harry, I really do, but would we actually work? I feel like everyone around us is constantly pulling us away from the other. There are a million other Merediths in this world and I can't fight them all."

"Love, you worry too much. Listen, Meredith is gone and she isn't coming back. It was a lapse in my judgement and I have learned my lesson, trust me."

I nodded. "Ok. I would still like just a couple days of quiet, if that's ok?"

Harry put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into his chest and kissed me on my forehead. "All the time you need is yours, Rowan. I will wait forever if you needed me to."

I smiled and nuzzled into his chest. We sat like this and watched New York City pass us by. It was like time was frozen while we sat there.

"I have to go," I said and sat up. Harry looked at me with alarm in his eyes. "I have to talk to Graysen. I know you don't know him but he is a good person and he doesn't deserve to be lied to anymore. I also need him to not sell that story Meredith told him."

Harry looked like he wanted to say something but instead he nodded. "Come. I will take you to Graysen's."

I looked around us and saw a few body guards placed strategically around us. I laughed and shook my head. "Impressive, Styles."

I followed Harry to one of the many black SUVs that were parked around the entrance. The ride was quiet as the world passed but I felt comfort knowing I was with Harry. I felt his hand interlace with mine as he moved me closer to him. I looked up at him and smiled. I was so confused because I had spent minutes, hours, and weeks pushing myself to get over Harry and now here I was again. He hadn't cheated so those angered feelings were not necessary anymore but I was still worried about what was going to happen next. Who or what would tear us apart next? I felt tears pulling to fall down but I sniffed them back. This wasn't the time or place to be thinking this much.

After about ten more minutes, Graysen's brownstone came into view. It was only a little after eight but I figured he was home eating dinner. I looked over at Harry and squeezed his hand.

"I trust you. Please call me when you are safely home, love."

I nodded as Harry reached up to my face and softly kissed me on my cheek. I pushed back the door and walked up the steps to the front of his entrance. I quickly scanned the list of buttons for the tenants and found Graysen's. I pushed it and anxiously waited for him to answer.

"What?"

"Graysen? Its Rowan. Please let me up. I have to talk to you. It's really important!"

I waited for the buzz but nothing happened. As I was about to walk back down the stairs, the shrill buzzing noise filled my ears as I pulled back the heavy front door. I turned and waved to Harry as the front door banged shut behind me. I quickly scanned the row of doors and spotted Graysen's. I walked up to it and took a deep breath and knocked.

I heard rustling behind the door. Another few minutes of weird noises, I finally heard a lock turn. It was dark in his apartment as I tried to see him. His face came into view and the first thing I noticed where his blood shot eyes. He was still in the same clothes the last time I saw him as he pulled back the door more. I prayed this wasn't a mistake as I took a step inside.

"H-hey. Listen, I'm sorry to just show up like this but I knew you wouldn't answer calls if I tried anyways," I said, as we stood awkwardly in his front entrance. I waited for him to say something but he just looked at his feet and shut the front door.

"Graysen, we have to talk as friends. Work and all this stuff aside...I came here as your friend."

He finally looked up at me and turned. I followed him into his living room and we sat down on his couch. We sat there for a few more minutes in silence when he finally opened his mouth.

"How did I now know, Rowan? All these years and I had no idea who she even was."

I looked around for some kind of sign as to how he already knew what I was going to say but stopped when he continued.

"God, I believed everything she said. Late nights working, trips to Europe for shoots...it was all a fucking lie." His voice broke at the end of his sentence and he turned to look away from me.

"Graysen...you're too good for her. You always were too good."

I watched as he put his head in his hands and ran his fingers through his hair. I looked down at my hands and waited for him to say something.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you, Rowan."

"Thanks...but Graysen, just earlier you thought I was a liar and now...well now, you obviously don't. What changed your mind?" I was so utterly confused as to where he got information from.

"My uncle, your boss. Marc called me after I left M&G this morning and asked if everything was alright. I told him what you said and he looked into it. I guess when you were all in Ireland, he didn't recognize Meredith with Harry all the time. He just assumed it was you. He found out that Meredith isn't signed to any model agency at all. She just has a really big trust fund. I called her about twenty minutes ago and ended it. She was not happy."

I looked at Graysen as my eyes got wide. "Oh my God, how did I not even put that together? Duh, Marc would know Meredith from her dating you! Wow, I could have saved myself a lot of trouble tonight if I had remembered that."

"Wait, what do you mean?"

I looked over at Graysen. He was studying my face but our heads shot up towards the door as someone turned the lock. I looked over at Graysen as his eyes got wide.

His front door swung open and there she was...blonde hair, tight, short black dress, and with the most menacing glare heading right for me.

(Uh oh....Comment and vote xoxo)