Chapter 126

I continued pacing for another hour until Laurie physically stopped me. "Rowan, stop it. You are making me dizzy. Come on, lets watch a movie or something. Its getting late for you anyways."

I looked down at my phone and realized it was almost 11 PM. I was usually in bed by now. I followed Laurie into the living room and sat down. I had no idea what movie she picked because I wasn't even watching it. My mind was still going a million miles an hour. I kept checking my phone, hoping Graysen would call. I thanked my past self for calling my phone from his earlier in case we were separated during the radio interviews so I knew he had my number. I tapped my fingers against my leg but stopped when Laurie shot me a glare.

I decided to try and calm down. I rested my head on the back of the couch and tried to pay attention to the movie. After about twenty failed minutes, I looked over and saw Laurie sleeping. I got up and went into my bedroom. There was no use in pretending to watch a movie. I unlocked my phone and wanted so desperately to call Graysen to make sure he was ok. I decided against it and put my phone down on my bedside table. I quickly changed and brushed my teeth. I checked my phone as I got into bed and saw no new notifications. I laid my head back and tried to close my eyes but it wasn't doing me any good.

Finally, around 2 AM I felt my body shut down.

-------

I awoke with a start when my alarm went off. I grabbed my phone, wishing for something but there was nothing. Today was going to be rough. I planned on hiding in my office all day and probably leaving early with an excuse. I dragged myself through the kitchen and into the bathroom. My eyes were red and swollen and my face looked drained. The going home sick excuse might actually work today. I did my best to do something with my hair and face but it was no use.

I slipped on a pair of jeans, a lose t-shirt, and my flats. I threw on a black blazer to try and compensate for the underdress today. I fluffed my straight hair the best I could before slipping on sunglasses and heading into work. I was exhausted. I prayed and hoped and wished that Graysen would not be there. I was greeted by cameras but paid no mind to them as they asked me where my new boyfriend was today. I had no energy to fight with them today.

"Hey Row-oh damn, girl. You ok?"

I looked over at Maddy and motioned for her to follow me into my office. "Close the door. You are not going to believe what happened last night."

Maddy closed the door and looked at me with bated breath.

"Graysen is dating Meredith."

"What..." I watched as her jaw dropped and her eyes grew wide. "The-the chick from Ireland? The one Harry, ya know?"

"Yup."

"Wow. She really is evil."

"Thank you!"

"I mean...imagine how many times she might have cheated on him...damn, I mean, Harry could have been the notch on a very long belt. Have you talked to Graysen?"

I shook my head and leaned back in my chair. "He doesn't believe me."

"I'll tell him too then."

"No. Besides, you didn't see what I saw."

"Yea, but I can tell him that Meredith was definitely with us on the trip."

"Thanks, Maddy but honestly I don't think he will believe any of it. He was so mad last night. He pretty much kicked me out of this apartment."

"Well, I think Graysen will be here soon. He's stopping by to talk to Marc."

My stomach dropped. Great. "If he asks, I'm not here."

Before Maddy could say anything, I heard two male voices walking down the hall. I locked eyes with Maddy and wished I could disappear as I recognized Marc and Graysen's voices.

"Maddy, please stay in the front of the building at the pretty desk you begged us to get you," said Marc. Maddy gave me a helpless but comforting smile. I smiled back to her before looking up at my boss...and Graysen. He was wasn't looking at me. His eyes were on the floor. He had on black sweatpants cinched on the bottom, a bright blue tank top, and blue Nikes. He looked so different from how I usually saw him. He had on a black snapback so I couldn't see or read his face.

"Rowan, I need you to go over some of these venues with Graysen for their upcoming shows. He knows the places the band wants and you know the places we want so make it work."

Marc left and Graysen stood in front of me. I motioned to the chair in front of my desk and he sat down without a word.

"Ok. Well, we should definitely look into Webster-"

"Is there anyone else here I could do this with?"

The tension in the room was almost unbearable. "Um...well, no. I'm the one doing the PR stuff for the band..."

Why was he acting like I was some kind of disease? I quietly typed while Graysen brooded. After ten minutes of naming venues and Graysen not responding, I stopped typing.

"Graysen...talk to me. Please."

"Pick the ones you want-"

"Graysen, not about this. Talk to me about you."

He finally looked up at me. His brown eyes were dark today. "I have nothing to talk to you about, Rowan."

"Ok, why the sudden hatred towards me? I know what you are going through. They hurt us both but that doesn't mean you need to be shitty to me. Harry-"

"Don't! Don't say anything to me about that dude. I swear to God, Rowan, if I ever see that kid, I won't hesitate to beat his ass." His jaw was clenching again and his hands were balled up in fists.

I was so confused in this moment so I sidestepped his ignorance of my first question and moved on. "As much I would love to see that, don't be stupid. Listen, you just need time to heal. Breakups are hard and you'll be o-"

"Break up? Meredith and I didn't break up. It was your ex-boyfriend who pushed himself on her. I'm fucking livid. I called her last night and asked her what happened in Ireland and she told him that kid got wasted and she was only trying to help him and he started putting his hands on her which is when you showed up."

My jaw was on the floor. "Oh my God. Oh my God, she is lying to you! Wow, she is psycho! She needs to be heavily medicated or something."

Graysen glared at me and stood up. Without another word, he sprinted from my office. I jumped from my chair and was at his heels. "Graysen, wait! Graysen!" I yelled to the back of his head but he ignored me and slammed into the front door and was gone.

(Ok my loves, WHAT is going to happen next?!? Comment and vote xoxo)