Chapter 134

I spent the morning getting through emails, making phone calls, and setting up performance times for Graysen's band. It was almost two when I finally looked up. I looked around my office and pictured what this would be like in LA. I had only been to LA a few times with my family for vacations. I couldn't imagine living there though. Could I? And what would I actually be doing? This is a promotion so it has to be more then what I do now. Would I even be able to do this? Yes, Marc and George picked me but was it because it's such short notice? I pushed all these thoughts from my head and focused on something else.

Seeing Harry was a good distraction from the thoughts in my head. I wonder what his surprise was going to be. Hopefully no jewelry because I tend to throw it in bodies of water. I was pulled from my thoughts when I heard a knock on my door.

"Yea?"

"Ms, Emerson, hi, how are you?"

"Fine, Marc, how are you?" I asked, shifting in my seat a little.

"Good, good. Listen, I want to talk to you about some things. A few business as well as personal."

I sat up a little straighter and nodded.

"So, first. Apologies for not being here this morning but I was held up. This LA promotion is not only a major stepping stone for you but for M&G as well. You will also be well taken care of while in LA. You will do great and a girl your age would kill for this once in a lifetime opportunity. Of course, the decision is all yours so take the time to really think about what you will be gaining or giving up."

I nodded again and took a deep breathe. I knew my decision held weight on the company but he was right about taking it.

"Anyways, now on to some personal matters. My nephew, Graysen. His parents and the rest of the family thank you. They have been trying for years to get him to end things with Meredith. I didn't know things were so bad until I looked into them for him. Rowan, you are not only a great asset to my company but you are also a compassionate person. His parents extend their gratitude."

"Oh, uh, thank you Marc. I just didn't want to see her hurt anyone else. So, Graysen and Meredith are over? Completely?"

"Well, yes. I just talked to him this morning. He is excited for LA too."

"T-too?"

"Aren't you two friends?" He asked, looking at me sideways.

"Well, yea but I've been giving him space since the whole Meredith thing. I honestly hope he doesn't hate me after everything happened."

"I am sure he doesn't. Well, the band is going to LA too to record their first album. So, if you take the position, you two will be running into each other quite often." He paused and looked up, as if he was in some kind of deep thought. "LA was my wonderland and I was Alice. That was where George and I met actually. LA showed me who I was and what I wanted out of life."

I nodded and waited for Marc to say something else. I never knew this about my bosses. My mind was swirling when all of a sudden everything got clear. The murky water was crystal clear. I exploded. From my mouth.

"I accept."

"You-you do?"

"Yes, I'll take it."

"Fantastic!" Marc said jumping from his chair and coming to my side of the desk. He pulled me from my chair and dragged me to the front of the office building. I walked/ran to keep up with Marc.

"Everyone, please, gather around!"

I watched as my coworkers came from their offices and gathered around Marc and me.

"Everyone! Since the wonderful surprise of Blair being pregnant and unable to go to LA, Ms. Rowan Emerson has gladly taken the spot! Round of applause!"

I felt my cheeks redden as everyone applauded and congratulated me. I smiled and waited for them to disperse so I could relive with what I just agreed to. I was going to LA.

"So, now that you made the best possible decision, how about you head home and start packing!"

I looked over at Marc and nodded. I was still trying to wrap my head around how much my life was going to change. I quickly thanked Marc and walked towards my office. I looked around and wondered how different everything would look in LA. Would the tall buildings I see outside my window be transformed into palm trees? The brunettes, blonde? Would I fit in? What would Harry think?

ܴXHϛ