Chapter 76

The apartment was quiet as I walked inside. Laurie was probably working or out. I knew she had just gotten a job as an assistant to some amazing hair stylist in Manhattan. I put the single rose on the counter and went to change. I was thankful Marc and George let me dress casual but I preferred my sweatpants and t-shirts over anything. I also washed the makeup off my face and threw my hair up.

I grabbed my phone and quickly hit the send button.

"Hi, sweetie."

"Hey, mom. How are you?"

"I'm fine, honey. How are you?"

"Good, tired. Long day at work but I have some good news...Maddy told me that Marc and George are probably going to offer me a full time paid position soon."

I needed to get in good graces with my parents after the whole not engagement thing.

"Oh, sweetie that is so great! I will tell your father when he gets home. Are you still planning on coming this weekend?"

"Yes, of course. I am sorry about everything lately too."

"Its ok, sweetie. We aren't upset with you, just want to make sure this is something you really want and we don't want you to lose focus on your future."

"I know, mom. Harry is a wonderful addition to my life. He understands that my future is very important to me and he knows that I want to gain acceptance into the world of journalism on my own and not just because I am dating him..."

"Well, that is so good to hear. I know you are busy but always remember we are here for you and want to be updated from you, not a tabloid."

"Ok, mom. Thank you, I love you."

"I love you too and congratulations. I am so proud of you."

"Thank you, mom."

We chatted for a bit longer and I felt better after talking to her. My parents were so important to me and I wanted them to be proud and happy for me in every part of my life. I looked around and decided to put away the clothes from the hallway closet. I organized all my clothes and cleaned up my room before settling down with a few books I got as graduation presents from friends and family. I was falling so behind on all my reading. It felt nice to be able to just sit and read after the whirlwind of my life lately. I still felt an ache with Harry so far away but I felt secure in my relationship with him.

After reading for an hour or so, I opened the fridge and was thankful Laurie had it fully stocked with all our favorites. After making pasta and eating, I heard my phone ring.

"Harry."

"Hello, love. Are you by your computer?"