Chapter 51

Harry's hand was still in mine as we rounded a corner into a big open room with several couches and a huge TV. There were tables filled with food, water, and towels. There were soccer nets and soccer balls all over the place. There were cabinets labeled with the five band members' names and racks upon racks of clothing were waiting for them. Music was quietly playing in the background but the thing that made my cheeks impossibly red were the amount of people in this room.

People with walkie talkies and ear buds, hair and clothing stylists, and other people with VIP lanyards around their necks talking or eating. Tucked in between two members of One Direction was my roommate yelling something at the TV. She was playing some video game and completely immersed. Thank God no one really noticed us walking in but a few who waved and went back to their tasks. I was suddenly so aware of the fact I was just in a closet with Harry alone with no pants on.

I ran my fingers quickly through my and straightened my clothes.

"Relax, love," Harry said into my ear before pulling me to the couch. "Lads, I want you to meet someone."

Instantly, the remaining four members of One Direction got up and were all talking at once about how it was so nice to finally meet me and to put a face to a name and embracing me in a group hug. I was instantly overwhelmed by the sudden interest in knowing me. I couldn't even form words so I just nodded and smiled and thanked them all for having me here. Laurie watched and started laughing before pulling me away from the group.

"You look like you just got the shit fucked out of you! Good for you!" she said, fixing my hair and grabbing my shoulders.

"Laurie, stop, ssh," I said, trying not to bring more attention to me.

"Oh, please, like everyone here didn't already know! We all agreed it's good to get that out of your system before doing something like performing in a front of thousands of screaming fans."

"Oh my God, I can't believe you!" I said starting to smile and laugh.

"Loosen up, Row. It's a normal thing to do. Don't be embarrassed. Honestly, no one cares. I mean those fans might but they'll never know." I looked over to where she was nodding to and I saw a group of exciting, giddy, girls being brought over the where the five boys were standing. "They are some radio station winners Niall was telling me. They get to hang out with them for a bit before they go down to meet and greets then show time. It's pretty cool actually. They were all explaining to me how it works."

I stopped listening to her talk when I realized I wasn't sure when I was going to be able to talk to Harry again in private. I couldn't bear him going away on tour. I wasn't sure how long he would be away for and I still needed to talk to him. I pushed it from my mind. I didn't want to ruin my time with him right now. I looked over at him over Laurie's shoulder posing for a photo with one of the fans. He was smiling his beautiful smile white chatting with them.

I knew I was staring at him but I didn't care. Harry's soul was pure and warm and anyone could tell that just from watching him interact with these fans. His whole body was engaged as he talked to each of them. He would comfort and hug them when they were clearly overwhelmed with meeting them. It was as if the world was muted as I watched him. Every few seconds he would steal a glance at me and I couldn't help but smile.