Chapter 68

The other end of the line rang and rang with no answer. I worriedly looked at Laurie and she returned the look. I felt like something was wrong. Very wrong but I couldn't pinpoint it. I tried to call Harry one more time but there was nothing.

"Maybe he's busy? Doesn't the concert go until after ten?"

She was right. I looked at my phone and it was only five after ten. I sat down next to Laurie as she continued to eat from the white take out box. I tapped my hand impatiently and kept checking my phone.

"Row, relax. Here. Eat."

I didn't want the food but I took it to distract me. I opened my mouth to the chicken and broccoli and my stomach and taste buds rejoiced as I finally fed my body. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I ate the entire container plus an egg roll. I felt sick but welcomed the feeling of being full. My phone was still silent next to me. I brought it back to life and saw nothing new. I let out a sigh as I sat back in the chair.

"Go take a shower, hon."

I looked over at her and nodded. I knew it had been awhile and I needed to continue to distract myself until Harry called. I grabbed fresh clothes and made my way to the bathroom. I switched on the water and didn't even bother to turn the cold knob. I needed it as hot as it could be to make me feel better. I stepped in and slowly let the water run over my body. It felt glorious. I tipped my head back and just let the water fall over me until the entire bathroom was filled with steam. I quickly threw in some shampoo and conditioner, rinsed it out and stayed in the shower until the water ran cold.

I turned off the faucets and got out. My phone was still silent and no missed calls. I turned it off and threw it down in frustration and needed another distraction. I looked at my long, wet blonde hair and decided to painstakingly dry every hair on my head with a blow dryer. After a good forty five minutes, my hair was completely dry and I even mastered curling the ends a little. My ears rang as I finally shut off the blow dryer.

I swore I heard voices in the living room but assured myself it was from the dryer ringing in my ears. I changed out of my towel into a pair of sweats and baggy t-shirt with my dad's hospital logo on it. I could have been a sight for sore eyes if it wasn't for my rosy complexion from the hot water and the blow dryer. I opened the bathroom door and welcomed the cooler air against my face. I blindly walked into my bedroom and all but face planted into my pillow.

Right as I was welcoming sleep, I heard a knock on my door.

"Laur, just let me sleep."

"Uh, Row, you have a visitor."

What. Could it be Harry? My heart leaped as I jumped out of bed and ran into the living room.

"Hey Row..."

"Pryce. Oh."

His face sank as Laurie smacked my arm.