Chapter 94

After almost seven hours of flying, the plane finally touched down. Relief washed over me as I felt the wheels make contact with the runway. Excitement was next. In all the chaos of the NYC airport and the cameras, I didn't realize Marsh, Marc, George, Maddy, and I were flying privately in a small plane. It was nice but I secretly compared it to Harry's and wished he was with me. Not a moment passed when I realized Harry was close and I didn't have to wish anymore. My stomach flipped wondering where he was right now. Was he sleeping? Was he waiting for me? I couldn't ponder the thoughts another second because everyone was moving around me. I looked left and right then joined them in gathering our carry ons and making our way to the exit. I smiled at the stewardess when she told me to have a nice time in her thick Irish accent. I preferred Harry's accent to hers but it was still intriguing to hear it. I was officially in Ireland.

It took a couple minutes for the door to open and when it did, the view was breathtaking. The sun was low in the sky which was strange considering I felt like I just woke up. Ireland was exactly the way people described it: green. The cool Ireland air smelled lovely and felt wonderful against my face. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Fuck flying. I hate it," I heard Maddy's voice say behind me. I turned to see she didn't quite look herself. Her skin was a little paler and her eyes weren't as wild as they usually are.

"You ok?"

"That landing fucked my stomach up. I want to puke but I don't. I need a drink."

"Well, you've come to the right country," said Marc from behind her. "Chop, chop Rowan. We can smell Ireland once we get to the hotel."

I quickly walked down the airplane's stairs and looked around again. There were a few cars and drivers waiting for us. I half expected to see Harry waiting for me but figured he must be busy. I checked my phone and saw no new texts or missed calls. I pushed it from my mind as I waited for the others to figure out the car arrangement. I opened my bag to pull out a sweater as the wind whipped through me. I stood upright quickly when the wind held a familiar woodsy sweet smell. I slowly turned my head and saw the perfect outline of him. He had on a gray sweater, tight black jeans, black beanie, and his hands were tucked in his pockets. His necklaces were softly bouncing on his chest as he was walking closer to me. His mouth was slightly open and his eyes were the brightest green I had ever seen. He closed the gap between us and I was surrounded by his body, his scent, and his towering arms were around me.

"Harry."

I nuzzled my face into his chest, closed my eyes, and wrapped my arms around him. I needed this. I needed Harry. I needed him to be happy and feel safe. I didn't want him to ever hurt again because of how we both acted. His warmth and the way he was embracing me, I knew he was feeling and thinking the same thing. We didn't need to kiss quite yet. I squeezed him tighter and interlaced my fingers around his back. His nose and lips were pressed on the top of my head. We just needed this. Holding the other one.

"Well, I guess we know where Emerson is staying," I heard George say. I laughed into Harry's chest and I pulled away.

"Apologies. Marc. George. All. It's a pleasure," Harry said to everyone as he let go of me only slightly. His arm was tucked around my waist, under my sweater. His other hand was shaking my bosses' hands. "If you all don't mind, I would like to head back with Rowan. Marsh?" Harry nodded at Marsh who grabbed my bags and took them over to a black BMW. Harry also didn't wait for an answer before pulling me towards the car. They nodded and Maddy laughed. I didn't let go of Harry as I waved back to the others and got into the car. It was warm inside as I snuggled in next to Harry.

"I am so happy you are here, love. You have no idea how happy I am," Harry whispered into my ear before kissing the top of my head. I could hear his heart beat rhythmically under his sweater as I moved in closer to him. The sound was making me sleepy and my eyes got heavy. I felt the car start moving towards our destination as I slowly fell asleep in Harry's arms.

In between almost hitting REM and staying in reality, I felt the car stop. I wasn't sure how long we were driving but I looked out the window to see somewhat of a castle. I perked up from Harry's embrace to get a better look. It was a castle. I looked over at Harry as he was studying my face with a smile dancing over his lips.

"Is this a..."

"Yea. Its home for the week with the interviews and stuff. It's a castle they converted into a hotel. It's quite strange to stay here but the lads and I are having fun with it all. We have our own sort of wings, you could say."

I looked over at Harry and couldn't believe I was going to be staying in a castle/hotel with him. "Its like I am a queen or something."

"You are, love. You are my queen."

I felt my cheeks redden when Harry said that. I shook my head at him as Marsh opened the door. The Irish air hit me again and I took another deep breath. Ireland smelled like burning wood fires and a bit of salt. I then brought my attention to the castle. It was made entirely of gray stones and had high pillars with tall windows. Ivy was stretching across the front of the stone, and there was also an enormous fountain in front with endless rows of shrubs and bushes crafted into perfect lines. There were tiny lanterns scattered across the front of the castle and they were dimly lit in the anticipation of nightfall. I heard Marsh and Harry talking back and forth about plans for the evening. The three of us walked towards the front entrance and I was waiting for some kind of gate to open but it was only a huge wooden door with stained glass windows. It was breathtaking nonetheless.

Inside was even astounding. The ceilings were so high, I wasn't sure I could see to the very top. The décor inside was something right from the medieval times, with modern day hotel things placed throughout like the concierge desk, the bell hops, and elevators. Everything was so clean and the hum of classical music was in the air. Harry nodded to the staff as we walked by, hand in hand. I smiled at them and wondered what they thought of all this. Maybe they were used to it? They had to of been, this was a castle for crying out loud.

Harry interlocked his hand in mine and I felt him squeeze then feel around my ring finger. I looked down at my left hand in his right and my stomach dropped. He lifted my left hand to his face and gave me a curious look. My eyes went wide as I registered what he was looking for...the ring...the promise ring he had given me that was now on the bottom of the lake back in the United States.